No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Commonwealth Games: 2 Gold, 4 Silver For British Squad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Commonwealth Games: 2 Gold, 4 Silver For British Squad

A superb performance by Tom Stalker and a stunning first-round stoppage by Simon Vallily were the highlights in a final day of boxing at the Commonwealth Games, which saw members of the GB Boxing squad come away with two gold and four silver medals. [Click Here To Read More]

Wow good for England.

Comment

The lads from N.Ireland did even better I think they got three golds and two silvers.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbolio View Post
        The lads from N.Ireland did even better I think they got three golds and two silvers.
        Indeed they did.

Simon Vallily looked impressive.

Comment

This result should stop any controversy about Khan not getting picked for GB then. He was lower in the pecking order after all, can't blame them.

But fair play, they're good results!

Comment

Originally posted by Monkz View Post
            Indeed they did.

they did well today, i missed the MW and HW fights, had to go to bed for work tonight.
            Thought O'kane woulda won the MW gold. U see that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              they did well today, i missed the MW and HW fights, had to go to bed for work tonight.
              Thought O'kane woulda won the MW gold. U see that fight?
              Yeah I did O'Kane looked comfortable, I think the final score was 16-4.

Comment

Indeed they did.

Yeah his power is pretty impressive, did you see his first fight agaisnt the fella from the Isle of Man? That was pretty funny.

Comment

Yeah I did O'Kane looked comfortable, I think the final score was 16-4.
                  NI were top overall in boxing. Just reading BBC sports piece on it now.

Hope Paddy Barnes goes pro now. He seems like a mouthy guy, could be entertaining listening to him in the pro ranks

Comment

Originally posted by jimbolio View Post
                    Yeah his power is pretty impressive, did you see his first fight agaisnt the fella from the Isle of Man? That was pretty funny.

Yeah, I actually felt sorry for the guy.

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    NI were top overall in boxing. Just reading BBC sports piece on it now.

Hope Paddy Barnes goes pro now. He seems like a mouthy guy, could be entertaining listening to him in the pro ranks
                    I would say Barnes was the most impressive boxer out there, he seems ready for the pro's.

Comment

Working...
                    X