No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Injures Hand, Santiago Bout Postponed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Injures Hand, Santiago Bout Postponed

PENSACOLA, Fla. – Square Ring Promotions announced today that it was postponing the Roy Jones, Jr. vs. Danny Santiago scheduled for October 7, 2010 due to a hand injury suffered by Roy Jones, Jr. John Wirt, CEO of Square Ring Promotions, said "Roy's manager, McGee Wright, informed me today that Roy injured his left hand while sparring on Saturday and that on Monday, he went to the doctor and X-rays were taken. While the X-rays do not show a fracture, his hand is swollen and continues to bother him to such an extent that we have no choice but to postpone the fight. At this point, we are planning on rescheduling the fight and will make an announcement regarding the new date as soon as possible." [Click Here To Read More]

Sadly, that was one of the better fights scheduled for October

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      PENSACOLA, Fla. – Square Ring Promotions announced today that it was postponing the Roy Jones, Jr. vs. Danny Santiago scheduled for October 7, 2010 due to a hand injury suffered by Roy Jones, Jr. John Wirt, CEO of Square Ring Promotions, said "Roy's manager, McGee Wright, informed me today that Roy injured his left hand while sparring on Saturday and that on Monday, he went to the doctor and X-rays were taken. While the X-rays do not show a fracture, his hand is swollen and continues to bother him to such an extent that we have no choice but to postpone the fight. At this point, we are planning on rescheduling the fight and will make an announcement regarding the new date as soon as possible." [Click Here To Read More]
      How about canceled???? that be nice.......

Comment

Praise God.

Comment

hopefully forever

Comment

Comment

Son of a b*tch. I was searching for weigh-in info (location, time, etc.) and stumbled across this story on another site.

I bought tickets for this fight. Say what you want about Roy, but if you've been a lifelong fan, having the opportunity to see him fight live is thrilling.

Comment

That's a sign Roy.

Comment

roy is done needs to give it up

Comment

Poor Roy.

I just remembered, I usually see him wear Cleto Reyes training gloves during sparring. While I don't remember hearing any news of Roy hurting his hands in the past, this seems to be a first.

I really think he and all serious fighters should be wearing more protective gloves like Winning. I don't think I've ever heard of a hand injury from fighters known to wear Winning brand gloves in training.

Sure, $300+ for a pair of gloves is insane, but I think they're worth it, as I have my own pair and love them to death.

Comment

Working...
                    X