Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shannon Briggs Says: "I'll Make Vitali Klitschko Quit!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shannon Briggs Says: "I'll Make Vitali Klitschko Quit!"

- On the 16th of October you are facing Vitali Klitschko. Where do you prepare for the fight and with whom? [Click Here To Read More]

vitaly is the best heavyweight since lennox period! Briggs had a chance back in the days but he wont win this fight! the klitchkos have become the freddy and jason of the heavyweight division! they have taken the division out fighter after fighter!

Comment

I've been watching some footage of Briggs, and he looks like a very cool dude. He was even able to make Vitali Dr. Ironface laugh on a few occasions during their press conference.

If it is true that he has settled his asthma issues, I believe he could upset the fading champion. Briggs is huge, he's faster than Vitali, he's powerful, he's technically sound, he has a long reach, he has experience and a very good chin. He also has surprising mobility for a man his size.

I also believe his ''strategy'' sums up well how you got to fight a Klitschko : it's about making them feel uncomfortable by setting the tempo.

Maybe Briggs won't win, but he can make it a fight.
      Last edited by Tiozzo; 09-15-2010, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Well of course he's going to have to set the pace, the dude gasses after a couple of rounds. Unless of course his new miracle remedy has cured his asthma for good, then maybe Vitali will have a fight on his hands.

Comment

Hopefully we won't have the despicable Teddy Atlas doing the ESPN analysis for this one. His unconditional hatred for the K Bros is sickening.

Comment

he's going to have to make this a brawl and hope that he lands a big one. if not, he's going to get picked off, at long range, all night long. if he can't get close and make it a fight, it's going to look exactly like the Areola fight.

Comment

the presser is particularly fun to watch...

Comment

Vitali will destroy Briggs. This should be an entertaining fight while it lasts.

Shannon Briggs = KO victim #39

Last edited by Steelhammer2011; 09-15-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by throbk1974 View Post
                    he's going to have to make this a brawl and hope that he lands a big one. if not, he's going to get picked off, at long range, all night long. if he can't get close and make it a fight, it's going to look exactly like the Areola fight.
                    Briggs is a fast starter, and he also likes to test his opponent in the first seconds of the fight

if he senses he can end it quick, he will do just that

of course, Vitali is not a bum he can KO with his first punch, but I do believe Briggs will make Vitali feel very uncomfortable at times

Briggs has 2 big weaknesses coming into the fight : his stamina and his absence of defense for the overhand right, one of Vitali's favorite punch

Comment

Working...
                    X