No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caballero Back Home, Waits For Deal To Be Finalized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Caballero Back Home, Waits For Deal To Be Finalized

Very soon we could end the uncertainty about the next opponent for world super bantamweight champion of the World Boxing Association (WBA), Panamanian Celestino 'Pelenchín' Caballero, who returned home to Panama to get in some work.
    Jonathan Victor Barros
    [Click Here To Read More]

**** caballero

Comment

I'm lost, how could caba be fighting for the wba title???? Isn' john the super champ and gamboa the regular champ? How the hell are their going to be three champs for the same weight for the same sanctioning body?!?!? If this is true I will be sick to my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by vrodz View Post
        I'm lost, how could caba be fighting for the wba title???? Isn' john the super champ and gamboa the regular champ? How the hell are their going to be three champs for the same weight for the same sanctioning body?!?!? If this is true I will be sick to my stomach.
        Yup there will be 3 WBA champs in 1 division

Comment

Caballero needs to stop selfpromoting and sign with GBP, Top Rank etc.
          He's letting his best years go by trying to make it on his own. Top promoters don't want to match their fighters to him because He is not worth the risk. He's not the most avoided, but the most rejected boxer today.

Comment

Originally posted by vrodz View Post
            Not that I'm trying to justify their methods, but...

Gamboa became a "super" champ after unifying this weekend. John is injured and Saturday will be a year since his last fight, and has been demoted to "champion in recess" which is not unlike the WBC's Champion Emeritus.

With every super champ, there comes a regular champ. Hence, the bull**** vacant title.

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
            Caballero needs to stop selfpromoting and sign with GBP, Top Rank etc.
            He's letting his best years go by trying to make it on his own. Top promoters don't want to match their fighters to him because He is not worth the risk. He's not the most avoided, but the most rejected boxer today.
            For what it's worth, he's promoted by DiBella... but same difference in saying that he's on his own, I suppose. It's not like Lou actually promotes the guy (or anyone else in his stable). He gets them to a certain point, and then collects his promoter's fee once he's able to provide them as the B-side on someone else's show.

That said, even if he signed with TR, at best he gets a fight with Gamboa. No way Arum lets him near JuanMa, although I think he's overplaying his hand in having his kids steer clear of Pelenchin.

Comment

Cab needs to sort himself out, he fights like once or twice a year against weak opposition and he's supposed to be this scary guy who Juanma and Gamboa are running from. No wonder they don't want to fight him.

He needs to sign with a big promotional company and start getting himself some better fights and getting in the mixer more, everytime he seems like he's getting closer to a fight with the 2 i mentioned something happens and he just gets even further away from it. Reminds me of Joan Guzman, mad talent but he screwed up by having **** management.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
                **** caballero
                ^^^^^ Look who we have here. A pissed off Borikua Boxing fan.

No doubt because Pelenchin made your boy Juanma look like the biggest biitch on the planet for 2 years???

Juanma ducked Pelenchin.

Sad, but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                  Cab needs to sort himself out, he fights like once or twice a year against weak opposition and he's supposed to be this scary guy who Juanma and Gamboa are running from. No wonder they don't want to fight him.

He needs to sign with a big promotional company and start getting himself some better fights and getting in the mixer more, everytime he seems like he's getting closer to a fight with the 2 i mentioned something happens and he just gets even further away from it. Reminds me of Joan Guzman, mad talent but he screwed up by having **** management.
                  Alot of this is his own fault he can't get big fights, alot like how we didn't get the Cloud/Dawson fight as a result of Cloud's inactivity and ppl having no idea who he is thus not warranting the risk for the poor reward.

Comment

Caballero thinks that he's the big shot now, critisizing Gamboa saying that Gamboa's recent fight with Salido is not that good. Wait till Gamboa gets him, i think that will shut him up.

Comment

Working...
                    X