No announcement yet.

Hearns Returns To Earn 60th Pro Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearns Returns To Earn 60th Pro Win

Thomas Hearns scored an eighth-round knockout of John Long on Saturday night in his first fight following a five-year layoff. [details]

Nice to have ya back Tommy

I'm a long time fan of the Hitman,and though I have a few reservations for the obvious questions of his age and inactivity at this point of his life,I'm glad to see him back in the lime light.And the shaky but late round stopage of LONG sort of hints that Hearns could come back in NEAR full form,or at least decent, after some tuneups.The question is his age--the ring rust can be trimmed off.And after he is in prime shape--it will be interesting to see what he has to box with.REMEMBER it was Hearns that rose to the occation at the Leonard rematch,a fight many thought he did'nt have a chance with,yet lots of people thought he had won,despite the Draw.. If he wants another title--who knows?,I've knoticed throughout his career that he does great when he is properly motivated. Whatever happens TOMMY we give ya our best,and stay safe.

Comment

One can only wonder how far his return in boxing will take him, it's hard to believe someone his age is still able to be a top notch contender. Although we have seen some great older fighters such as Moore, Foreman and others but with the fighters with the title now I just cant see Hearns making it past one of them, too much speed and conditioning. We will see though in the near future I am sure assuming he does well in his next couple of fights and doesnt get injured. Lets just hope his punch drunk self is able to handle a few more shots to the head.

Comment

Working...
      X