No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Golovkin is Furious With Possible WBA Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Golovkin is Furious With Possible WBA Title Fight

It is all haywire regarding the middleweight at the World Boxing Association (WBA). Super champion of the WBA is currently Felix Sturm, interim world champion is Gennady Golovkin (WBA#1) from Kazakhstan. But instead of Sturm vs. Golovkin, it is now #3 vs. #4 of the WBA. [Click Here To Read More]

the WBA is such a joke. theyd rather have both a regular and an interim champ instead of actaully making the interim and regular champions fight like they should.
    Greedy guys with their sanctioning fees...

Comment

This article makes no sense to me.

Terrible writing or I'm just dead tired.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Maybe or the WBA is just that whack

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty FSM View Post
          Maybe or the WBA is just that whack
          They most definetely are. Still I cannot find head or tail in the piece.

Comment

They most definetely are. Still I cannot find head or tail in the piece.
            I mean who is fighting who for what title and as a bonusinfo the writer ought to tell why Felix is superchampion which strikes me as odd.

Comment

It makes sense, if you understand the WBA's slimey ways.

Here it is from fight news:

The WBA already recognizes two world champions at middleweight. Felix Sturm, designated as WBA middleweight “super” champion and Gennady Golovkin as WBA “interim” champion. Now there are reports that Golovkin will be passed over for an opportunity to fight for the WBA’s vacant “regular” middleweight world championship and WBA #2 rated Hassan N’Dam N’Jkam will face #3 rated Avtandil Khurtsindze for that belt — which doesn’t sit well with Team Golovkin. According to FIGOsport, if Golovkin isn’t offered a chance for that title, his management may ask the Association of Boxing Commissions to look into the matter
              They want THREE WBA middleweight titles:

Super: Sturm
              World: winner of N’Jkam vs. Khurtsindze
              Interim: Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                It makes sense, if you understand the WBA's slimey ways.

Here it is from fight news:

They want THREE WBA middleweight titles:

Super: Sturm
                World: winner of N’Jkam vs. Khurtsindze
                Interim: Golovkin
                That's what I figured too. I guess N'jikam is trying to get back at Golovkin. They were supposed to fight for the interim belt, but Golovkin ended up fighting Nunez. I can't remember the details, but I recall N'jikam wasn't happy back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Taranazan View Post
                  That's what I figured too. I guess N'jikam is trying to get back at Golovkin. They were supposed to fight for the interim belt, but Golovkin ended up fighting Nunez. I can't remember the details, but I recall N'jikam wasn't happy back then.
                  N'jikam wanted to take another fight first and needed more time to prepare for Golovkin.

But Golovkin had already not fought in a long time and didn't want to wait several more months.

Now, Golovkin wants to face either N'jikam or Sturm, but both of them want an easier opponent.

Comment

LMFAO.

You are not wrong. It is a badly written article. Looks like it was written quickly and without much thought or proof reading before being posted live here.

Comment

Working...
                    X