No announcement yet.

The Boxing Community and Tim “Doc” Anderson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boxing Community and Tim “Doc” Anderson

Word spreads quickly in the boxing community, so it was no surprise that news had made it around the circuit, even before it hit the media outlets, that heavyweight Tim “Doc” Anderson had murdered his former boxing promoter, Rick Parker. What was surprising, however, was the tone of this communication. No one was sorry for Parker; they all said it was a shame that someone as nice as Anderson would have to pay a price for killing such a sleazy guy.
    [details]

murder is against the law, so I'm not quite sure I should feel sorry for him. Probably did us a favor in getting rid of Parker, but murder is murder none the less.

Comment

The Boxing Community and Tim "Doc" Anderson

Originally posted by marvdave
      murder is against the law, so I'm not quite sure I should feel sorry for him. Probably did us a favor in getting rid of Parker, but murder is murder none the less.

Yes, Anderson did kill Parker, but that is not the point of the story. Anderson's supporters show that the murder was not premeditated, and since it was not premeditated, he should not be in prison for life with no chance of parole. Anything less, such as 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, or even self defense, and Anderson would have already served whatever time he would have gotten and been freed. Remember, he had no previous record of any type. He should be free now.

Comment

Originally posted by sjc
        Yes, Anderson did kill Parker, but that is not the point of the story. Anderson's supporters show that the murder was not premeditated, and since it was not premeditated, he should not be in prison for life with no chance of parole. Anything less, such as 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, or even self defense, and Anderson would have already served whatever time he would have gotten and been freed. Remember, he had no previous record of any type. He should be free now.
        I'm not judging and haven't researched the story...I just have a hard time justifying murder regardless of situation...unless he was defending himself against violence. Remember, I haven't researched this story, just expressing a random opinion.

I will read up and come up with my educated opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X