No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leavander Johnson To Be Honored With Statue in AC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leavander Johnson To Be Honored With Statue in AC

ATLANTIC CITY, NJ – Leavander Johnson, a lifelong Atlantic City resident and fixture at the Atlantic City Police Athletic League, was an IBF Lightweight boxing champion who tragically lost his life at the pinnacle of his career doing the job he loved, defending his city and his championship belt. He passed away September 22, 2005, five days after collapsing in the locker room following his first fight since winning the title on June 17th. Johnson was trained at the PAL by his father, who continues today to coach young boxers in after-school programs and provide them with the skills to be successful in and out of the ring. [Click Here To Read More]

Thumbs up! I was just getting into boxing when Johnson died, it's one of my more vivid memories from back then.

Comment

great happening for a great person.

Comment

great news.

Comment

I was at the fight and it still saddens me to think about it.

Comment

I must say that it's pathetic to see a thread about a boxer's death being honored get only a few posts. It may not be as exciting as "Mayweather" or "PEDs", but it should be important to us as boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Random1 View Post
              Thumbs up! I was just getting into boxing when Johnson died, it's one of my more vivid memories from back then.
              Same here! Sad stuff.

Comment

RIP LJ,

you were a good soldier

Comment

It good to know that his city is honoring him with a statue of himself. He was a warrior. God rest your soul LJ.. R.I.P.

Comment

Wow! I absolutely cannot believe that it has been 5 years since he died. It feels like it has only 2 years at most. Time passes by so damn fast. Anyways this is great news, a very nice gesture for a good guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X