No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson vs Pascal Approved For Calzaghe's Ring Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dawson vs Pascal Approved For Calzaghe's Ring Title

The Ring magazine is pleased to announce that it will recognize the August 14, 2010, bout between Chad Dawson and Jean Pascal in Montreal, Canada, as being for the vacant Ring magazine light heavyweight championship of the world. [Click Here To Read More]

sweet dawson will be the ring and wbc champion

Comment

This makes sense since Chad Dawson already beat the #2 guy.

Comment

Just what I expected. Dawson is whooping every oppnent he faces on the low.

Comment

Whoever wins this bout will be recognised at the TRUE #1 at 175lbs. The winner will receive the WBC, IBO and Ring Magazine title's. And those are proberbly the belts with most credibility as of right now. The other beltholders dont have much credibility anyway, Cloud has only fought 2 veterens, I dont even know who Brahmer beat to win the WBO Belt. And Shumenov shouldnt even have a belt because he got beaten to a pulp by Campillo in possibly the worst robbery of all time (I believe it was worse than Reid-Ottke).

The winner of Pascal-Dawson should be in the Top 3 P4P...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            The Ring magazine is pleased to announce that it will recognize the August 14, 2010, bout between Chad Dawson and Jean Pascal in Montreal, Canada, as being for the vacant Ring magazine light heavyweight championship of the world. [Click Here To Read More]
            This makes perfect sense. Go get that Ring strap Chad!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

well I was hoping that Cloud vs Dawson would end up being for the Ring Belt. I'm afraid that if Cloud wins and Dawson has the ring belt etc., he may not have much motivation to fight cloud and try and fight some other "bigger money" type of guy.

Comment

I call bull****. They shoulda waited til after the Johnson-Cloud fight was over with to make this decision. So pretty much now after Cloud probably wins against Johnson, that gives Dawson more room to keep ducking him like he's been doing. If the Johnson-Cloud fight was scheduled to take place in the aftermath of Dawson and Pascal fighting I could understand. But it's not. It's one week before, so basically Dawson gets to avoid a guy who is ranked #2 to earn this feat.

Comment

Dawson has done enough to be in a position to fight for Light Heavyweight superiority.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                    Dawson has done enough to be in a position to fight for Light Heavyweight superiority.
                    Cotto doesn't get much credit for beating a handicapped fighter. And how do we know that won't be the case with this fight with Pascal coming off that shoulder surgery? The date has had to be pushed back for this fight like two or three times because of that. I will concede though if Cloud wouldn't have done that thing of signing with Don King and postponing that fight with that so called hamstring injury with Johnson Chad might've had to fight him for the Ring belt. Cloud really has himself to blame for that I will admit. But I think Ring probably would've pulled this bull**** anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X