No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward a Big Betting Favorite To Beat Allan Green

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward a Big Betting Favorite To Beat Allan Green

NEWLY crowned WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward is just 1-7 on Betfair to successfully defend his title at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California, on Saturday night. [Click Here To Read More]

No wonder... A brilliant, talented counter-puncher ,who fights in his hometown, will beat a puncher so devastatingly, it will be a shame to mention Greens` name the other day...

Comment

Bearcat

No wonder Ward is picked to win Green has never done anything except talk. If Green ever actually does something in his career that is noteworthy of attention he might get it. Fighters fight big fights and Green has done nothing but build a record on chumps that is why he in irrelevant in the game today and not newsworthy. Ward did beat an overrated untalented Kessler but at least he has done something. Green is a zero.

Comment

I think that Green is a "live dog" in this fight. You have to remember that before Ward fought Kessler he was fighting a bunch of stiffs himself. And its also safe to say that Kessler is a shell of himself and wasn't well prepared to fight a slick boxer like Ward. Green on the other hand is a pretty sound boxer himself with power in both hands. I wouldn't be shocked if Ward neutralized Green's power with movement and holding to cruise to a decision, but I also wouldn't be shocked if Green caught Ward with one of those game changing hooks. Should be a good fight. Green deserves more credit than he's getting in this fight.

Comment

Google Green v. Codrington and you tell me that Green doesn't belong in the ring with Ward.

Comment

Bearcat

Green has never fought anyone of note and he is 30 years old. This is his first real test as fighter. Maybe he will do something against Ward. It's sad a guy fights for ten years and doesn't have a signature career defining victory. But who did Ward beat before mauling a vastly overrated Kessler? I hope Green knbocks out Ward and throws the whole thing into a big mess.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat View Post
              But who did Ward beat before mauling a vastly overrated Kessler?
              Edison Miranda?

And if that name is not impressive enough for you when it comes to Ward's resume then it shouldn't be impressive enough for you when it comes to Lucian Bute's resume either.

Comment

Originally posted by jaycam05 View Post
                Google Green v. Codrington and you tell me that Green doesn't belong in the ring with Ward.
                Then google Miranda vs Green
                and
                Tarvis Simms vs Green
                And ask yourself why he got the shot over Bika.

I actually am rooting for Green hoping he is coming well prepared and in shape, hope he gets the KO. I dont see the brilliance of Ward I see someone who holds way way too much for being a "brilliant fighter" its good plan to keep from getting punched by punchers though and we will see more of it tomorrow night unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                  Then google Miranda vs Green
                  and
                  Tarvis Simms vs Green
                  And ask yourself why he got the shot over Bika.

I actually am rooting for Green hoping he is coming well prepared and in shape, hope he gets the KO. I dont see the brilliance of Ward I see someone who holds way way too much for being a "brilliant fighter" its good plan to keep from getting punched by punchers though and we will see more of it tomorrow night unfortunately.
                  I'm With you legs. I believe ward is a tad overrated. I think dirrel has performed much better in the super 6 so far.

Green is a guy who has been an underachiever and a tad lazy, but I think he can rise to the occassion. His power is there and he can box a bit. He's long and started at a lhw. He should be the bigger stronger fighter and I don't think ward can muscle him like he did kessler. Miranda fights 160-8 and isn't as strong as green. I'm betting that green rises to the occassion and blasts ward out.

I think green is more than a decent bet considering the odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    I'm With you legs. I believe ward is a tad overrated. I think dirrel has performed much better in the super 6 so far.

Green is a guy who has been an underachiever and a tad lazy, but I think he can rise to the occassion. His power is there and he can box a bit. He's long and started at a lhw. He should be the bigger stronger fighter and I don't think ward can muscle him like he did kessler. Miranda fights 160-8 and isn't as strong as green. I'm betting that green rises to the occassion and blasts ward out.

I think green is more than a decent bet considering the odds.
                    I think that Ward will stand up to Green just fine, he has also fought at LHW. And I don't think that Ward out-muscled Kessler, he broke him down.

This will come down to skill.....

And will depend on factors like, can Green stop Ward from getting to him, and can he adapt to Ward when he switches. If Green can get to Ward, how will Andre's chin hold up. And if Allan can take it to Ward and drag the fight out so it is close up to the championship rounds, will he have the temperament to deal with Andre' if he can't hurt him at that stage of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X