No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Grant: I Will Beat Tomasz Adamek in Newark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Grant: I Will Beat Tomasz Adamek in Newark

On the August 21 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, heavyweight title-challenger Michael Grant (46-3, 34 KO) will be the opponent for Polish boxer Tomasz Adamek. Grant talks about the fight and his desire to pull of a big win in order to place himself back in position for another title shot. [Click Here To Read More]

There is no way for preparation for Klichkos. You can to have beaten Dmitrenko, Grant, Valuev, Briggs, Austin, BUT you can't beat Klichkos anyway. They are MASTERS OF THE SPORT OF BOXING, not just a big guys...(David Gay knows that exactly)

Comment

I expect Adamek to stop Grant, but don't read to much into the victory, Grant has not been the same since Lennox Lewis seperated him from his senses years ago.

Comment

That is highly unlikely, Grant is washed up, and was never that great to begin with.

Comment

I won't write off grants comeback yet but adamek is on a role & I see him beating grant but I'm quite interested to see grant again.he retired pretty young & has always stayed in shape so that won't be an issue but how is he mentally? Is he ready to put it all on the line? It's hard to say with him.he's 36(which is a young hw these days)& a win vs adsmsk puts him to the front of the line but the last time I saw grant he got forced into retirement guinn & teddy atlas.he was actually pretty good in his fights before lennox but after that loss he tore up his knee vs mccline & had a lackluster fight vs Gilbert Martinez before he lost to guinn.he really looked like he was half in retirement during the guinn fight.he had a good fight with a prime golota but that was 10 years ago....adamsk shouldn't lose to this guy but if grant is actually mentally in the game for one more run,you never know because he is 6'7 250 & is cut so physically he'll be ready but mentally? We will find out in Newark.I really like adameks route to a title shot.good string of names & different styles.he's a draw in jersey & new York much like andrew golota was.golota could sell out MSG in his prime...even when he had a meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
            That is highly unlikely, Grant is washed up, and was never that great to begin with.
            he wasn't that bad before his lennox fight.he strung together wins over al cole,David izon,obed Sullivan,lou savarese,& andrew golota....after being ringside lennox gave grant(#1) a title shot voluntarily...not many title holders give a voluntary defence vs a #1 guy it's usually a forced mandatory...lennox never took easy fights for his voluntaries not like todays champions...

Comment

grant has a chance just as any heavy weight would against a blown up
              light heavy. but adamek is probly going to go in and out too fast for the
              giants .maybe the opportunity will make grant much more aggresive?
              or it will be just like arreola.ademk will just get off to fast and move his feet.
              for grant to have a real chance he has to let his hands go right away.
              wear him down bully him i just dont think thats his mind set though.

Comment

Michael Grant: I will collect my Pay-day and get KO in Newark..

Comment

sure..........................

Comment

Grant has absolutely no chin. I can't see him hanging around that long if Adamek catches him good.

Comment

Working...
                    X