No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: One Punch Productions Takes On The Florida Commission

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: One Punch Productions Takes On The Florida Commission

The gloves have come off in the battle between One Punch Productions CEO Terry J. Trekas and Executive Director of the Florida State Boxing Commission Tom Molloy. [Click Here To Read More]

when I finish residency, I pray that I can get an internship with Mr. Terry Trekas. I like how he operates. And he appears to stand for something besides the money.

WAR TREKAS!

Comment

It's pretty ridiculous how a government official could be in such a blatant conflict of interest position. Boxing commissions are certainly not above corruption; I've heard of instances where promoters had to fight the commission because they wanted every single ringside seat reserved for "essential commission members" that happened to be related to someone who worked for the state.

Comment

Star Trek is a nuasance!!!

Originally posted by jantzen212003 View Post
        when I finish residency, I pray that I can get an internship with Mr. Terry Trekas. I like how he operates. And he appears to stand for something besides the money.

WAR TREKAS!
        Why bro?

The man run low-budget shows and does he even have any boxers of notes beside Soupy? the answer is NO!!!!

Star Trek borrows boxers not signed to him so he can make a dollar out of 15 cents. I don't understand why your would want a boxing license renewed anyway? what do ur show do on average anyway? 50-60 people max.

Your connections are worthless, none of the boxer you "promote" will ever get on TV..I mean you must make your money through other means because boxing is just not what you do....this sport is for the strong-willed, not the weak minded.

So you are attacking government official now because they won't kiss your ass...GREAT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Palmice View Post
          It's pretty ridiculous how a government official could be in such a blatant conflict of interest position. Boxing commissions are certainly not above corruption; I've heard of instances where promoters had to fight the commission because they wanted every single ringside seat reserved for "essential commission members" that happened to be related to someone who worked for the state.

it's sad that nobody would be surprised by something like that....it's almost expected in boxing.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Palmice View Post

it's cause guys like Soprano underboss Mikey Palmice used to run boxing

corruption, bribes, rigging..........all in a days work in the sport of bboxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
              Why bro?

The man run low-budget shows
              without "low budget" club shows, this sport would be finished in 2 years. Seen alot of 4-1 kids on HBO lately stupidass?

By the way, here's a few people who enjoyed my "low budget" show last Friday.

by the way that's Emmanuel Steward and Angelo Dundee in case you didn't recognize them, since people at low budget shows are sometimes hard to identify.
              Last edited by OnePunch; 05-24-2010, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I had the pleasure of attending Terry's show this past weekend and the place was packed (standing room only) with at least 1,000 people including Manny Steward, Angelo Dundee, Jeff Lacy, former heavyweight champ Tony Tucker and former lightweight champ Richard Hall. Not to mention retired baseball player Gary Sheffield. All 7 fights were exciting and well-matched fights which the crowd seemed to enjoy very much. His shows are very popular in Tampa and will continue to grow. I was at the weigh-in and can attest to the fact that Terry is very strict with adhering to the rules of the boxing commission and explaining them to all the fighters/trainers. I didn't know he was coming out-of-pocket for these shows which makes me admire him even more. He also made it a point to walk around the venue to make sure people were having a good time. He is a class act and any comments regarding him putting on a 'low budget show' are ridiculous because boxers do not enter the pro ranks on HBO or Showtime the last I checked. As a matter of fact don't be surprised if some of the fighters that fought that night end up on ESPN 2 before you know it. I look forward to attending his next show in July.

Comment

I know for a fact that Malloy does go weeks on end without returning phone calls. When you call the office you can barely get a decent answer. Kudos to you One Punch!!!

Comment

Great work One Punch!!

Comment

Working...
                    X