No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Cotto Ready For The Big Stage at Yankee Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Cotto Ready For The Big Stage at Yankee Stadium

Lightweight Abner Cotto, cousin of Miguel and Jose Cotto, is ready for the big stage at Yankee Stadium. Abner will appear on the June 5 undercard of Miguel fight with WBA junior middleweight Yuri Foreman. Abner faces Mexican Edgar Portillo (6-4-1,4 KOs) in a bout scheduled for six rounds. [Click Here To Read More]

cotto should win but he will have problems at 154 like better skill fighthers like sergio martinez paul williams bad move good luck tho

Comment

abner is getting some valuable training experience with manny steward and team cotto, that can only be good for the youngster.

Comment

Im not excited about this match especailly in the yankee stadium shouldve been at msg arena --- wouldve been exciting if it was against martinez or williams in the yankee stadium

Comment

Originally posted by 15 Rounds View Post
          Im not excited about this match especailly in the yankee stadium shouldve been at msg arena --- wouldve been exciting if it was against martinez or williams in the yankee stadium
          cotto is always exciting he never boring. yeah he should be able to win and paul didnt look good his last fight. i think paul will lose a rematch with martinez and angulo didnt impress me in his last fight.I think martinez is the only real good 154 his schudle looks book for the year.

Comment

I've seen abner cotto fight a couple of times and I'm not that umpressed with the kid. Hope he can improve with this experience with manny stewart.

With regard to his cousin, I think foreman will not present him to much trouble . The only guy at 154 that I see giving him trouble is Martinez.

Comment

at 154 only dudes giving cotto problems are paul williams and alfedo angulo. and both can be beat as weve seen in the past. i know sergio is 1 of the hottest things in boxing but i think cotto can beat him. the other 2 fights would be harder for cotto depending on the pace of the fight. sergios pace is more 2 cottos liking.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
                at 154 only dudes giving cotto problems are paul williams and alfedo angulo. and both can be beat as weve seen in the past. i know sergio is 1 of the hottest things in boxing but i think cotto can beat him. the other 2 fights would be harder for cotto depending on the pace of the fight. sergios pace is more 2 cottos liking.
                Good Analysis. I think Cotto's gonna be better at 154 to be honest. He's gonna be forced to be a boxer puncher, like the first part of both the Margarito and PAC fight. I see him being stronger at a more comfortable weight. If Steward helps shore up that defense look out. A Martinez fight would be a hell of a fight, I know I'd pay for it cuz Cotto is no slouch in the speed department and he is thouroughly skilled offensively. You're right about Angulo and Williams because they're pressure fighters and bigger than Cotto. If he would get his mind right and shore up that defense he could win both. Cotto's only mistakes were he tried to match speed with PAC and he forgot about the body against Margarito he could easily be undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by dnut17 View Post
                  Good Analysis. I think Cotto's gonna be better at 154 to be honest. He's gonna be forced to be a boxer puncher, like the first part of both the Margarito and PAC fight. I see him being stronger at a more comfortable weight. If Steward helps shore up that defense look out. A Martinez fight would be a hell of a fight, I know I'd pay for it cuz Cotto is no slouch in the speed department and he is thouroughly skilled offensively. You're right about Angulo and Williams because they're pressure fighters and bigger than Cotto. If he would get his mind right and shore up that defense he could win both. Cotto's only mistakes were he tried to match speed with PAC and he forgot about the body against Margarito he could easily be undefeated.
                  gd**** bro, in those 2 loses, cotto had the wrong game plan. tried 2 match mannys speed and thought he could dent tonys jaw. he found out he couldnt the hard way. at 154, cotto can do some damage. gotta tighten up that defense though like u said. a fight vs any of the 3 i mentioned would be good but sergio and miguel would be the 1 id want 2 see. how about paul and angulo gettin at it??? that 1 might not go the distance.

Comment

Working...
                  X