No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Holmes-Kassim Ouma Set For May 29 in DC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keith Holmes-Kassim Ouma Set For May 29 in DC

Keith Holmes (41-5, 25 KOs) will get his hands full on May 29 at the DC Armory in Washington D.C., as Titanium Promotions has confirmed that the former WBC World champion will take on former IBF World champion Kassim “The Dream” Ouma (26-7-1, 16 KOs). The two will clash for the vacant UBO International Middleweight championship as co-feature to the Demarcus Corley vs. Jermain White UBO World Light Welterweight title fight. [Click Here To Read More]

Keith Holmes is still fighting??

WOW.

Comment

A couple of my training partners are from Uganda and we've all gotten to be close friends. A few years back, when Ouma was the man at '54 he was up here for a Ugandan Convention. I was pumped to spend time with dude and talk some boxing and African politics, however, after like five minutes I couldn't wait to get away from the guy. All he cared about is who could get him weed. He ended up sitting in a dark corner of the room with sunglasses on like he was a king in his royal court, not really talking to anyone, but also slamming any fighter who's name happened to come up. At that time I told a friend that Ouma would be a broke joke in 5 years, and look at him now. The guy is more of a waste of talent than Zab Judah, Panchito Bojado, and Ricardo Williams all rolled into one. I say that because in the ring he had the mental and physical fortitude that these other guys with natural boxing talent lacked. His out of the ring lifestyle and wanna-be thug rapper attitude ruined a great story, and what could have been one of Africa's best.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
        Keith Holmes is still fighting??

WOW.
        My sentiments exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
          A couple of my training partners are from Uganda and we've all gotten to be close friends. A few years back, when Ouma was the man at '54 he was up here for a Ugandan Convention. I was pumped to spend time with dude and talk some boxing and African politics, however, after like five minutes I couldn't wait to get away from the guy. All he cared about is who could get him weed. He ended up sitting in a dark corner of the room with sunglasses on like he was a king in his royal court, not really talking to anyone, but also slamming any fighter who's name happened to come up. At that time I told a friend that Ouma would be a broke joke in 5 years, and look at him now. The guy is more of a waste of talent than Zab Judah, Panchito Bojado, and Ricardo Williams all rolled into one. I say that because in the ring he had the mental and physical fortitude that these other guys with natural boxing talent lacked. His out of the ring lifestyle and wanna-be thug rapper attitude ruined a great story, and what could have been one of Africa's best.
          Never understood that...why he would give up his African heritage to act like a hood. Just never understood it, man. Caught up in the brainwashing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
            Everything you said here is true, I once had a discussion with a boxing journalist who told me all Ouma does was smoke weed and drink a lot, He said maybe what Ouma went through went he was a "Boy soldier" is still affecting him and how he needs help if he want to make it in boxing, Ouma never really fulfill his potential and i doubt he would.

But am shocked Holmes is still fighting, I remember him last in the middleweight tourney which B-hop won to become the undisputed champ at MW.

Comment

I smoke I drink I dont care what white people think

Comment

holmes was a pretty good fighter back in the 1960s or whenever he fought. he knocked out quincy taylor who had knocked out julian jackson and sugar ray leonard in sparring, richie woodhall and froch's trainer robert mcracken.

Comment

Working...
                X