Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gallagher claims Manchester is Next Philly; Blasts the ABA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gallagher claims Manchester is Next Philly; Blasts the ABA

Joe Gallagher has likened Manchester as the Philadelphia of British boxing, calling it the city looks set to produce another golden generation of local fighters. The American city of Philadelphia is famed for consistently producing top class boxers, most notably in the shape of Bernard Hopkins and ‘smoking’ Joe Frazier.

[Click Here To Read More]

Sounds about right. Virtually all boxers start out poor, and Manchester is the English equivalent of the American hood.

Comment

Philly hasn't produced anything big in a while. So Cal has bee producing better fighters for years now! We have the luxory of having Tijuana right next door, too, which provides some of the best boxers n the world as well! If they want to emulate anybody, it should be So Cal!

Comment

its funny cause just yesterday i had a brit tell me their are hardly any boxing gyms in england

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
          Philly hasn't produced anything big in a while. So Cal has bee producing better fighters for years now! We have the luxory of having Tijuana right next door, too, which provides some of the best boxers n the world as well! If they want to emulate anybody, it should be So Cal!
          You realize you're comparing an entire state to a single city, right?

There is no place like Philadelphia. Even Philadelphia TODAY.

Philadelphia's Current Talent Pool

Champions, Contenders, & Hot Prospects
          HW - Eddie Chambers, Chazz Witherspoon
          CW - Steve Cunningham
          LHW - Bernard Hopkins, Yusaf Mack
          MW - Lajuan Simon
          JMW - Gabriel Rosado, Anthony Thompson
          WW - Mike Jones, Raymond Serrano
          JWW - Danny Garcia, Rock Allen, Demetrius Hopkins, Karl Dargan, Steve Upsher Chambers
          LW - Hank Lundy
          FW - Roger Mtagwa, Eric Hunter
          SBW - Teon Kennedy

Lukewarm Prospects
          SMW - Farah Ennis, Dennis Hasson
          MW - Philip McCants, Gee Edward Cullmer
          JMW - Tyrone Brunson, Derek Ennis, Jamaal Davis, Latif Mundy
          WW - Ray Robinson, Raymond Serrano
          LW - Victor Vasquez
          SFW - Anthony Flores

Comment

i think our writer meant tony EKUBIA........probably pushing it here but anyone remember his first fight with scouse srapper andy holligan? seems like a zillion years ago

Comment

Originally posted by swizz View Post
              its funny cause just yesterday i had a brit tell me their are hardly any boxing gyms in england
              There isn't.

Comment

No place in the entire world has better cheese-steaks then philly. Actually, we got some great Pizza and Cheese-steaks up here in the east-coast. ****s mad addicting too because you'll end up spending most of your money on it because it taste so freaking good. Oh yeah, WaWa is the ****.

Comment

I thought he meant Noel gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Joe Gallagher has likened Manchester as the Philadelphia of British boxing, calling it the city looks set to produce another golden generation of local fighters. The American city of Philadelphia is famed for consistently producing top class boxers, most notably in the shape of Bernard Hopkins and ‘smoking’ Joe Frazier.

[Click Here To Read More]
                    Oh Manchester Is Wonderful......

Comment

Working...
                    X