No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John "The Quiet Man" Ruiz Announces His Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John "The Quiet Man" Ruiz Announces His Retirement

LAS VEGAS (Apr. 26, 2010) – After a professional career spanning 18 years, highlighted by becoming the first and only Heavyweight World Champion of Latino heritage, two-time world champion John “The Quietman” Ruiz today announced his retirement from the ring.

Ruiz (44-9-1, 30 KOs) defeated three world champions – Evander Holyfield, Hasim Rahman and Tony Tucker – as well as top contenders such as Andrew Golota, Fres Oquendo, Jameel McCline and Kirk Johnson. Six of John’s nine career losses were to world champions.

“I’ve had a great career but it’s time for me to turn the page and start a new chapter of my life,” Ruiz said. “It’s sad that my final fight didn’t work out the way I wanted, but, hey, that’s boxing. I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished with two world titles, 12 championship fights, and being the first Latino Heavyweight Champion of the World. I fought anybody who got in the ring with me and never ducked anyone. Now, I’m looking forward to spending more time with my family. [Click Here To Read More]

Ohhhhhhhh happy days. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Enjoy your retirement, Quiet Man.

Comment

I wish Ruiz the best luck in the world.

Comment

He went out like a man.

Comment

Atleast he went out on a good fight.

Comment

He retired after losing too the next undisputed heavyweight champion so it was a perfect time to retire!

Comment

A few years ago, people would have thrown a party after hearing this news. But it now seems as though Ruiz has a little bit of respect. He's a tough man, no doubt about it. Not many of his fights were particularly exciting, but he worked very hard to get what he got. Good luck to him.

Comment

He went out on a good note, leaving no regrets. I can't say I'll miss seeing him in the ring but I respect the hard work he put in to become a champion and wish him well in his future.

Comment

enjoy John. Not much of a fan of you, but your alway's classy, and i respect you.

Comment

I have respect for Ruiz but I have to say at last he's retired.

Comment

Working...
                    X