No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Wilfredo Bones Dropped, But Batters Rodriguez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Wilfredo Bones Dropped, But Batters Rodriguez

As star of the Billboard Boricua Boxing, Wilfredo Bones showed he has what it takes to forge a career in professional boxing. Solid jabs and powerful straight gave him the victory over Francisco "Monkey" Rodriguez, who took the fight after the referee decided to stop the fight two minutes and 35 seconds (2'35'') on the third assault.

The fight in the featherweight division was full of excitement, because the first two rounds were fairly even, so much so that Bones visited the canvas in the second round.

"I felt very strong to my opponent. I covered very well, but hit me really hard. When I stood up more forcefully grabbed and started pulling a lot of pressure meterle many jabs, "said the leaflet, for whom the strength of its key was attached to proclaim himself the winner and raise their undefeated 9-0, with 9KO's.

"I feel very happy because it was not an easy fight, and I am proud to have achieved this victory in my hometown Salinas," he said Bones, while noting that, although you feel ready to go after its first regional title prefers to take things in stride.

"We will keep fighting, to get more experience catching. We need to talk with the company (Miguel Cotto and H2 Promotions Entertainment) to see what his plans are. Not yet talked about a title fight, and although I think I'm ready, I still need to work to hold eight rounds, "he said.

In combat semiestelar this billboard, the guaynabeño
    Twins Alvin and Irvin Aiboniteños Torres won by TKO. The first earned the Cuascut Luis Ponce and raised its undefeated 5-0, 5KO's, while the second beat vegalteño Nelson Casanova, raising their record to 6-1, 5KO's.

Others were won by technical knockout of Luis bayamonenses Braña (2-0, 2KO's) and Luis Cosme (4-1, 2KO's), and the Arecibo Moses Rios (3-0, 2KO's)

The salinense John Figueroa (7-3-3, 4KO's) won by unanimous decision 58-56 on vegalteño, while Christian Fernandez Jorge Perez made a split decision over Juan naguabeño 'Cowi' Herrera.

The billboard in Salinas Boricua Boxing held at the Coliseo Angel 'Cholo' Espada, and was in charge of Promotions Miguel Cotto and H2 Entertainment. [Click Here To Read More]
Working...
X