No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Santiago Headlines Ballroom Brawl on May 21

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Santiago Headlines Ballroom Brawl on May 21

Tampa, FL: One Punch Productions is pleased to announce that the next installment of the Ballroom Brawl! Professional boxing series is set for Friday May 21st, at the Tampa Westshore Doubletree Hotel. The fight card, with 11 bouts already scheduled, and 2 additional bouts currently in negotiations, is likely to be the largest fight card in the Tampa Bay area in many years. [Click Here To Read More]

I see all the fighters on the under card are all undefeated. I hope that they'll be fighting worthy opponents and not just journeymen with losing records.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
      I see all the fighters on the under card are all undefeated. I hope that they'll be fighting worthy opponents and not just journeymen with losing records.
      I put my guys in good matchups. Sure, sometimes you have a fallout and last-minute replacements typically aren't that good, but I've always taken the position with my guys that it's better for them to take a loss or 2 early in their careers when it doesnt matter, than to be built up to 25-0 and havent fought anyone. Besides, I need to know NOW whether they can fight or not, rather than finding that out 15 fights from now after I have $50 grand or better invested in them and they only fought dummies.

I just dont subscribe to the philosophy that you get a guy a world title, and THEN you "develop" him. A world champion should be able to take on all-comers, and not use these "he's young, he's still developing" bull**** lines..........

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        I put my guys in good matchups. Sure, sometimes you have a fallout and last-minute replacements typically aren't that good, but I've always taken the position with my guys that it's better for them to take a loss or 2 early in their careers when it doesnt matter, than to be built up to 25-0 and havent fought anyone. Besides, I need to know NOW whether they can fight or not, rather than finding that out 15 fights from now after I have $50 grand or better invested in them and they only fought dummies.

I just dont subscribe to the philosophy that you get a guy a world title, and THEN you "develop" him. A world champion should be able to take on all-comers, and not use these "he's young, he's still developing" bull**** lines..........
        Two thumbs up to you then, my friend. That way of thinking (build them up, then find out if they can take a real challenge) seems to be more of the norm than the exception, so my hats off to you. Best of luck on your show!

BTW... I didn't see anywhere you could watch it, other than live?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
          Two thumbs up to you then, my friend. That way of thinking (build them up, then find out if they can take a real challenge) seems to be more of the norm than the exception, so my hats off to you. Best of luck on your show!

BTW... I didn't see anywhere you could watch it, other than live?
          correct. It's just a club show. No tv. However I will probably send GoFightLive.com a DVD afterwards like I did for my March 5 show so people can see the fights for free if they want.

Comment

Working...
          X