No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Training Camp Notes For Jones Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Training Camp Notes For Jones Rematch

Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins opted for sunny weather and sandy beaches when deciding where to train for his long-awaited rematch against Roy Jones Jr. which is set to take place Saturday, April 3 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas live on pay-per-view. Hopkins decided the warm weather would make for better training conditions and bring back memories of preparing for past fights as Miami has been home to Team Hopkins for over 10 bouts since 2001. [Click Here To Read More]

hobkins wouldn't have challenged Roy Jones, had Roy Not gotten KO'D in his fight with Green. A real fighter would of challenged the winner of that fight or challenged Chad Dawson, who is the star of the division. Not someone who just got KO'D in the FIRST ROUND!!!!! What a Fraud. Duck for 17 years, then challenge the man after suffering a 1st round KO. WOW what a great fight!!!! Hope Roy knocks the living **** out of hobkins and puts his ass into a coma!!!!

Comment

Hopkins is the only man on the planet that needs Jones Jr

You do know that this fight has been arranged for some time and that the Hopkins vs Ornelas and Jones Jr vs Green fights were considered tune-ups? Hopkins fulfilled his end of the bargain with a win while Jones Jr failed miserably after getting KO'ed by Green in Rd 1. Despite the loss, Hopkins (ranked #1 in the world) still chose to give Jones Jr (not even ranked in the top ten anymore) a payday.

This fight makes a lot of sense financially. Dawson is a bore to watch (even more so with Hopkins defensive style) and has no significant fan base. Green? I believe the Jones Jr vs Danny Green fight wasn't even televised in the USA. Hopkins wants to destroy Jr for personal reasons and Jr needs Hopkins for credibility reasons. It may not be what the fans want but this fight offers both fighters what they need along with a reasonably good pay day. I for one am excited for this fight. I have always been a Calzaghe and Hopkins fan and felt they could have beaten Jones Jr in his prime if Jones ever chose to fight them. This fight, for me, provides closure and some evidence for my suspicions.

Comment

Working...
      X