No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shay Day: Robberies, Bad Scores: Time For a Change

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shay Day: Robberies, Bad Scores: Time For a Change

First off, as a fan of the sport, I am tired of seeing bad decisions week in and week out. As a professional boxer, I get sick to my stomach when I see a guy pour out his guts for twelve rounds, and have some incompetent judge take it away from him. Friday night in Las Vegas was a clear example of why boxing is at it’s worst state when it comes to trust, dignity, and loyalty within its fans, sponsors, and fighters.

[Click Here To Read More]

I thought Campillo won 9 rounds, no way did Shumenov win that fight.

Good insights in the article, it's nice to read what goes on in a fighter's head before and after a fight.
    Last edited by Silencers; 01-31-2010, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Comment

Hey on wat chanel was this fight on? I was looking for it all over the place and i couldnt find it. I have comcast by the way.

Comment

I feel everybody needs to see this fight,just to see how irresponsibly bad this decision was.We all have seen robberies,this one takes the cake folks.
          Last edited by tsii; 01-31-2010, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I haven't seen this fight. Either way the meat of this article is 100% right. I never really was a Malignaggi fan until that post fight interview after Diaz. Most guys just take it on the chin (so to speak) and keep quiet when they get a bad decision. Malignaggi let fly a rant of epic proportions and shamed everyone into giving him a rematch under more neutral circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
              Hey on wat chanel was this fight on? I was looking for it all over the place and i couldnt find it. I have comcast by the way.
              It was on Fox Sports Net.

Originally posted by tsii View Post
              I feel everybody needs to see this fight,just to see how irresponsibly bad this decision was.We all have seen robberies,this on takes the cake folks.
              In my entire life of watching combat sports, I have only seen one decision ever that was worse than this. (It was a woman's kickboxing match where the judges gave the fight to the pretty one.)

The judge who gave Shumenov a 117-111 scoresheet should be removed from the position permanently.

Comment

Good stuff Ishe. However, making this right for Campillo will take bigger balls than the folks in Las Vegas have, I'm afraid. Should be declared a ND and Campillo should get the title back

Comment

Great article....

This article is great & very well written, it speaks the truth & right to the point & can't be any clearer...What makes it even better that it comes straight from a boxer which knows better than anyone exactly what it feels like to get robbed after they sacrifice so much...There should be more articles on this subject & hopefully it could reach the ears of any if not many commission's & could help change or better the system..In bad decision's the fan's get upset & if they placed a bet, it get's really bad but afterwords life goes on..But the ones who suffer & get the worst out of a bad decision is the fighter(in this case the victim) itself, because it set's them back on their career(which is how they make a living)& at times it also set's them back physically & mentally...After boxing Ishe could consider writing for a boxing column or something of that nature or with his mind set even work for a boxing commission & try to make the boxing world better....

Comment

I have to ask how is it that a fighter with nine fights is in a title fight to begin with? And these alphabet clowns really leave me shaking my head when I see crap like this. But oh well I even tried watching the UFC fights last night to get a fix and it just didn't work for me. So, I got to stick to what works.

Comment

Working...
                    X