No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Clottey's Training Camp; Latin Fury 13; More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua Clottey's Training Camp; Latin Fury 13; More

Challenger Joshua Clottey announced today he will have his main training camp in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. to get prepared for his mega fight against Manny Pacquiao on March 13. [Click Here To Read More]

NIce to hear for Clottey starts training! Meaning, his coach visa settled already! And what a goodwill for Arum for US$1 per ticket to Haiti victims.. but I think this is relatively small! If most fights fought at MGM Grand with an average of 45,000 people.. I think it could hardly get US$1 Million within a year! Why not other promoters would do the same just this year alone let's say US$3 per ticket? But better if they would continue through out so an aid for this kind of catastrophy just in case, is ready anytime, let's say US$1/ticket each bout!

Comment

Well good to see Joshua trainng and hope he trains like no other fight cuz if he's punch output drops after like 7 or 8 rounds ima b pissed then it's gona look like the zab Judah effect where the no punch zone rounds show up..

Comment

Waaaaaaaaaaar

Comment

Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
          NIce to hear for Clottey starts training! Meaning, his coach visa settled already! And what a goodwill for Arum for US$1 per ticket to Haiti victims.. but I think this is relatively small! If most fights fought at MGM Grand with an average of 45,000 people.. I think it could hardly get US$1 Million within a year! Why not other promoters would do the same just this year alone let's say US$3 per ticket? But better if they would continue through out so an aid for this kind of catastrophy just in case, is ready anytime, let's say US$1/ticket each bout!

I could not agree more. I guess it's the thought that counts but come on. Top Rank can do better than that. Boxing events with ticket sales that reach 45k-50k people happen maybe 2-3 times a year, if even that. Therefore, if you factor in, every single event that Top Rank promotes (including parking lot venues), you're looking maybe at 250k-300k tickets sold during the whole year. At $1 for every ticket, that's about $300k paid through an 11 month period. That's chump change!

Comment

I hope clottey trains hardcore balls to the walls.

Comment

i hope clottey has someone in his corner that doesn't have their head up their ass this time. somebody should have been telling him in the cotto fight that it was his fight if he had just been more active and pressured cotto more in the last 3 rounds. he had like 3 or 4 real good rounds where he was taking the fight and then he just stopped for the last 3. his corner should have recognized that cotto was starting to fight backing up. that is when you have to pressure him and bring everything you got. they let that win slip away it was a real shame.

Comment

is margarito training

better do it son, you might get to fight pac for the biggest payday in your life if you do well

Comment

Originally posted by Marciano90s View Post
                  Waaaaaaaaaaar
                  he would be suffering his 4th loss in complete domination

Comment

Who Is Clottey's New Trainer?

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
                    I hope clottey trains hardcore balls to the walls.
                    You can count on it. Clottey is a smart fighter and understands the magnitude of this fight. I would just like to know who his new trainer is because he said in a video interview that for the first time he has a new strength and conditioning coach as well as a new trainer. Anybody know who the new trainer is?

Comment

Working...
                    X