Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin: "Klitschko Brothers Have No Equals"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin: "Klitschko Brothers Have No Equals"

IBF heavyweight title contender and one of the most promising prospects Alexander Povetkin told about his plans and the work with his new trainer Teddy Atlas in the interview to Allboxing.ru. [Click Here To Read More]

I dunno, that just doesn't ring as the right mentality for Povetkin going into a fight with one of them... Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but it almost gives me the feel that he'll show up to get beat up.

Comment

not even povetkin lmao

Comment

Why does Povetkin come off as a sissy, almost scared of both these guys. We all know he's not ready but it just seems like he has little confidence. Pulling out of the bouts with Wlad and now saying they have no equals sounds pretty weak if you ask me. They are your top competition and you are gonna pretty much admit you would get hit up by those two. Lack of killer instinct if you ask me.

Comment

I hope Povetkin takes on a real challenge in March, instead of another easy fight like Leo Nolan.

I'd like to see him in with another bona fide heavyweight contender: Solis, Arreola, Dimitrenko, Toney, Peter, etc. He hasn't really fought anybody good since his win over Chambers.

Comment

At least he's not bull****ting and kidding himself like all the other idiots ==AHEM==== David track meet Haye.

Comment

least he knows when his time anit right, why go in and get your ass beat when you're not ready to fight

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                Why does Povetkin come off as a sissy, almost scared of both these guys. We all know he's not ready but it just seems like he has little confidence. Pulling out of the bouts with Wlad and now saying they have no equals sounds pretty weak if you ask me. They are your top competition and you are gonna pretty much admit you would get hit up by those two. Lack of killer instinct if you ask me.
                I agree, any real warrior always wants the best, but he is right. Got to give him that. They dominate and they probably will until they retire. I'm not fans of them, i respect them but i would love to see someone beat them, preferably someone who is not a giant either. They're great with what they can do with their size but they also eliminate so many talented guys that just aren't tall enough or thick enough to beat them. Most guys in the division that weigh around 250 are pretty fat they're pure muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by braddman View Post
                  At least he's not bull****ting and kidding himself like all the other idiots ==AHEM==== David track meet Haye.

Yeah, it's nice to hear a guy who isn't trying to bull**** the public.

The Klitschkos are far above the rest of the field. And that includes "Crazylegs" Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    I understand what you're saying and agree that he should have fought Volodymyr by now, he got #1 manditory status in 07 for **** sake. I do think it was good that he realized he wasn't ready but he's had enough time.

BUT he's not a punk nor does he lack killer instinct, when he does finally step into the ring i bet it'll be the most competitive fight that we've see klitschko in for years. I imagine Klitschko will be too much but Povetkin will take a beating like a man and keep coming.

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                    I hope Povetkin takes on a real challenge in March, instead of another easy fight like Leo Nolan.

I'd like to see him in with another bona fide heavyweight contender: Solis, Arreola, Dimitrenko, Toney, Peter, etc. He hasn't really fought anybody good since his win over Chambers.
                    Agreed. 1 more then step up and take the title shot already. If he wanted a tall guy i think Austin would be better than Dimitrenko to prepare for Klitschko.

Ustinov would perhaps be an even better test than Austin but since the Klitschko's promote him i doubt they'd want to risk Povetkin losing to Ustinov and ****ing up the huge payday Klitschko will get against him.

Comment

Working...
                    X