No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Irish Fighter, Irish Fight of The Year 2009 Awards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Irish Fighter, Irish Fight of The Year 2009 Awards

Now that we have seen the end of the most exhilarating and exciting, not to mention busiest, year in Irish professional boxing since St. Patrick drove the snakes from the Emerald Isle the time has come for BoxingScene.com to hand out plaudits to those that have shone brightest this year in Ireland’s professional fight game. [Click Here To Read More]

Matthew Macklin should have got fighter of the year award. He is very underrated.

The Dunne Cordoba fight was nothing short of epic bur Poonsawat showed Dunne cannot throw with the top 4 of the division.

Nice article btw. Irish boxing gets very little coverage outside the emerald isle so kudos to boxing scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Gomez View Post
      Matthew Macklin should have got fighter of the year award. He is very underrated.

The Dunne Cordoba fight was nothing short of epic bur Poonsawat showed Dunne cannot throw with the top 4 of the division.

Nice article btw. Irish boxing gets very little coverage outside the emerald isle so kudos to boxing scene.
      MG, thanks for the compliment.

I am a massive Macklin fan but I gave the nod to Dunne because winning a world title trumps a European title win. If there was a runner up I would have given it to Mac the Knife.

Comment

Wtf.. Irish boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Tongva View Post
          Wtf.. Irish boxing
          What exactly is it that you seem to have trouble comprehending grasshopper?

Comment

for such a small country we have such great talent!but it was a great year for irish boxing and a sad one because we lost a great talent in Darren Sutherlan RIP wouldve been a future world champion!

Comment

Irish boxing as well as Japan boxing seems to get little coverage here in the states. Wish I knew anything about any of those fighters or fights...

Great article.

Comment

Are we going to see awards for Mexican boxing and Phillippine boxing too, or are only certain countries going to get special treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Are we going to see awards for Mexican boxing and Phillippine boxing too, or are only certain countries going to get special treatment?
                  If that's something that interests you feel free to write it.

I'm happy that someone who is interested in Irish boxing was willing to write this article. I learned about some fighters and fights I knew nothing about beforehand.

Comment

Im on Matthew Macklin

Hes the one got my nod, no other one deserve the award

Comment

Working...
                    X