No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sam Peter Says He is Ready For a World Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sam Peter Says He is Ready For a World Title Shot

Former world heavyweight champion Samuel Peter says he's ready to rumble for the world title. [Click Here To Read More]

I heard he lost about 20 pounds which is good but Klitschkos and Haye aren't 363 pound Gabe Brown. Fight David Tua or Chris Arreola for a shot

Comment

Nah, he cant beat any of the 3 champions.

Comment

It's a joke to think Sam Peter can come close to beating anyone but Haye who I give him a punchers chance at beating. Haye will just run from him for 12 straight rounds, there's a chance he'll get caught.

Comment

He needs to fight a contender before being given another title shot.

Perhaps Thompson, Tua or Arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Former world heavyweight champion Samuel Peter says he's ready to rumble for the world title. [Click Here To Read More]

what, Nathan's hotdog eating world title???

Comment

The last 2 years Peter's performances's aswell as his shape/conditioning have been disgusting to say the least. Peter is a limted fighter. He dosent have much to none boxing skill, little defence, no footwork, and extremly questionable conditioning even when in shape. I could go on.....

But one thing he does have is power. There is no douting Peter's is a heavy handed Heavyweight, scoring some devastating KO's throughout his career. One being against Jeremy Williams back in 2004.

And when in shape, focused, and properly conditioned. Peter is a pretty dangerous fighter as he proved when beating the likes of Yanqui Diaz, Jeremy Williams, and Oleg Maskaev. Aswell as giving current number #1 Heavyweight Wladamir Klitschko a run for his money back in 2005.

His power is what has got him so far in the game. He was lucky Top Rank gave him a chance, after his recent performances. And Arum has done the right thing, feeding him low level journyman to KO. This will boost his confindence and get him back to winning ways.

As for being a champion again. I have big douts. He just isn't a good enough fighter at this point to beat either Klitschko. As for David Haye. He would certainly have a punchers chance, and maybe could pull off a upset if he came in the right shape.

But Haye could just be to fast, skilled and punch to hard for Peter. Next year I would like to see him in fights against other legit contenders etc Ruslan Chagaev, Tomasz Adamek, Tony Thompson, Juan Carlos Gomez, Chris Arreola. By beating these he will prove he deservers a title shot and will convinve us he is back taking Boxing seriously again.
              Last edited by JFB629; 12-21-2009, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                He needs to fight a contender before being given another title shot. Perhaps Thompson, Tua or Arreola.
                Quite true. They all want a "title shot". Meaning they all want more money.

Peter already lost to both Klitschkos. Putting those fights on repeat is a waste of everybodys time. Peter also lost back-to-back fights with Vitali and Eddie Chambers. Beating McGee, Bellamy and Brown is no redemption for that. Those are just warm-up fights. Not qualifiers.

He needs to prove himself again. Peter would be an interesting test for Haye, though. We still need to see Haye against that kind of opposition.

By the way, I heard that Peter turned down a rematch with Toney....

Comment

I remember people saying Peter was the new Tyson lawls.

Peter vs Areolla or Tua would be fine by me.

Comment

Peter already got a shot at both Klitschko brothers and failed! Get back in line, punk.. you'll have to wait until Vitali retires.

David Tua is the man and he should be coming up next.

Comment

Working...
                    X