Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson Back on HBO in April; Hopkins-Jones Co-feature?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dawson Back on HBO in April; Hopkins-Jones Co-feature?

TOTOWA, NJ – Promoter GARY SHAW formally offered to promote the rematch between Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones, Jr. – on the undercard of undefeated two-time light heavyweight champion CHAD DAWSON’S next fight. Shaw faxed the offer letter to Richard Schaefer, Chief Executive Officer of Golden Boy Promotions, Hopkins’ promoter, earlier today. HBO is holding an April 2010 date for Dawson’s next world championship fight. [Click Here To Read More]

$200K each?

christ Hopkins was demanding $6 million a few years ago.

Comment

why would he still fight roy??

Comment

I want to see Hopkins-Jones about as much as I want to watch somebody suffering and dying from Alzheimers.

Comment

As a Dawson fan, I'm hoping he takes on Cloud since Pascal and Dia have the rematch going.

Comment

I see Gary Shaw isn't beyond sarcasm, no-one wants to see that fight, I don't think many people wanted the fight to happen before Roy got knocked out. Roy please hang it up. **** you Bernard

Comment

In other words he's telling stupid Hopkins that the fight is a joke and he should be fighting Dawson in the main event. It's an insult hurled at Hopkins/Jones and I don't blame him. If that fight comes off it is ALL that is wrong with boxing these days.

Comment

"i will never lose to a white boy!!"

BHop isn't gonna fight Jones for 200 K. Not when Roy just made 4 Mill to get beat up by that New Zealand cat. Executioner vs Adamek, 2010. "I WILL NEVER LOSE TO A WHITE BOY!! TWICE, MOTHA#%^&"

Comment

Hopkins - Jones is a failure of a match, at this stage. It might've been a draw a few years ago, but not at this point. They should just ride off into the sunset.

B-Hop priced himself out of the fight a few years back. And now he wants it again? No thanks! Not interested in seeing Bore-Hop fight again.

Comment

BHOP will make Jones look silly. I hope it never happens. BHOP has bigger fish to fry and has shown he can still compete at the top even though he is ageing la Pavlik. BHOP has a few more interesting fights ahead of him yet, 2 or 3 i think!

Comment

Working...
                    X