No announcement yet.

Thwarting Redemption is Brian Minto’s Quest on Dec 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thwarting Redemption is Brian Minto’s Quest on Dec 5

By Troy Ondrizek - Much is being made of Cristobal Arreola’s ring return on December 5th following the life lesson he was forcibly given in September; compliments of Vitali Klitschko and his fist. Truly it’s remarkable that the young man from Southern California has rebounded this quickly and I applaud him for hitting the ground running. Because despite his age (34), relatively small stature for a heavyweight (5’11”. 215lbs), and lack of pedigree or overwhelming success; Brian Minto is far from a walkover opponent. [details]

Very good article, Troy.

This will be an entertaining fight while it lasts. I think Minto is a live underdog, because Arreola isn't difficult to hit with a hook.

Comment

This should be a great fight, Minto is always in wars.

Comment

If Arreola loses this one (which is by no means a gimme), I'm not sure how relevant he remains. I feel he blew it big time against Vitali - a fight he had a pretty good chance of winning, had his training camp been more serious in terms of conditioning and discipline.

Comment

Minto is the quintessential 'underdog' because he's a relatively small hw, and lacks the amateur pedigree that pundits frequently bring up. However, he's always in shape, has alot of heart (as the article stated) and has been looking for this big opportunity for several years now. I expect he'll bring his best and leave nothing on the table and hopefully he makes this a competitive fight...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Troy Ondrizek - Much is being made of Cristobal Arreola’s ring return on December 5th following the life lesson he was forcibly given in September; compliments of Vitali Klitschko and his fist. Truly it’s remarkable that the young man from Southern California has rebounded this quickly and I applaud him for hitting the ground running. Because despite his age (34), relatively small stature for a heavyweight (5’11”. 215lbs), and lack of pedigree or overwhelming success; Brian Minto is far from a walkover opponent. [details]
            I don't see Minto doing much in this fight. Arreola is just too big and strong. If he could take what hard punching Vitali dished out he can take whatever Minto has. I see a stoppage within 7 for Arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
              Very good article, Troy.

This will be an entertaining fight while it lasts. I think Minto is a live underdog, because Arreola isn't difficult to hit with a hook.
              Holy crap you liked something of mine. Minto and Arreola should be a great fight and I like both guys. I'm rooting for Minto because he is an underdog and is just a good guy. I'm rooting for Arreola because I like to see young guys learn from losses and it would be better for the division. Just a good fight, better than Povetkin/Nolan

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                If Arreola loses this one (which is by no means a gimme), I'm not sure how relevant he remains. I feel he blew it big time against Vitali - a fight he had a pretty good chance of winning, had his training camp been more serious in terms of conditioning and discipline.
                I was going to pass this article with no comments until I saw your astonishing remarks.

The only trouble is that I hurt my ribs, and when I laughed, It wasn' t fun.

Cristobal Arreola had absolutely NO chance against VK. Compared to VK, Arreola is like a new-born baby.

You don't seem to realise that, if VK can successfully stave off age for another couple of years, he will probably be regarded as an all-time Great.

Just think about it; a guy with 2 losses due to injury ONLY, with 37 wins of which 36 were KO's. Also including his losses, the guy has won almost every round that he's fought, you could count his losing rounds on the fingers of ONE HAND....................

Where would you find a record like that, these days.

Comment

Minto is tailor made for Arreola. It will be an entertaining fight while it lasts.

Arreola by brutal KO.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                    Yeah if chris comes out of shape again,I'm gonna be pissed.

Comment

Working...
                    X