No announcement yet.

Holyfield vs Botha on 1/16: Francois Expects a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holyfield vs Botha on 1/16: Francois Expects a War

Promoter Eddie Bazira and Baltic Pro Box Promotions, in association with Real Deal Events LLC, SES Boxing, Fight Production and Risum Boxing, are proud to announce that contracts has been signed for legendary former four-time heavyweight champion of the world Evander “The Real Deal” Holyfield to challenge Francois Botha for the South Africans World Boxing Federation World title on January 16 at Nelson Mandela Memorial Stadium in Kampala, Uganda. [details]

Dear me. What a joke.

Comment

Holyfield will retire from boxing when God tells him to, just like god told him he will ko lewis in three.

Comment

Botha is almost the only champion Holyfield hasnt faught.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
          Dear me. What a joke.
          This is probably the best comment that is going to be made on this farce…

You know, it would be one thing if Holyfield was trying to prove himself in the ring, which would still be foolhardy but at least respectable. But the fact that from the outside looking in this is all about money makes this truly pathetic.

Comment

This is tough for me.....

EVANDER "THE REAL DEAL" HOLYFIELD is my all-time favorite fighter so this like all of his fights will be tough for me to watch @ this stage of his career. However, he should have been WBA champion based on how he schoolED N.V. last year. HE WILL WIN THIS 1 BECAUSE HE STAYS FIT AND AGAINST A POWER DUMMY LIKE BOTHA, HOLYFIELD WILL EXPOSE HIM.

Comment

i remember mike tyson and francois botha fought on a january 16 some years back and tyson flattened botha with that big overhand right.

i think botha should find another date other than january 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
                Botha is almost the only champion Holyfield hasnt faught.
                i was thinking the same, this fight is about 18 years too late

Comment

to make it worse they are trying to label this a title fight

Comment

This was a decent fight 10 years ago. Holyfield has a decent chance of winning this, Botha hasn't looked good recently either.

Comment

Working...
                    X