No announcement yet.

Kessler vs Ward: Final Presser Photos and Quotes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler vs Ward: Final Presser Photos and Quotes

OAKLAND, Calif. — World Boxing Association (WBA) super middleweight champion Mikkel “Viking Warrior” Kessler of Denmark and undefeated Andre “S.O.G” Ward of Oakland participated in the final press conference Wednesday for their Super Six World Boxing Classic Group Stage 1 showdown this Saturday, Nov. 21, at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif. live on SHOWTIME® (10 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the west coast). [details]

So, is the fight happening or canceled? I'm really confused right now...

Comment

I can't tell how hot those cheerleaders were because that pic was not up close enough. The fight will happen even if the officials are not changed. But Kessler will refuse to put his title on the line if that happens. The WBA and Kessler's team are trying hard to get something done about this and I hope that those officials from Cali are tossed out.

Comment

War Ward ! (?)

Ward is taking that belt. He has the tools to beat Kessler : activity, high punch output and speed. He's supposed to beat Kessler and break the Europeans momentum. If Ward, somehow, doesn't win, it will make the tournament less interesting to me. The American fighters must not become accessories in this tournament.

Comment

what in the raul Caiz is going on here???? Its in the contracts to have at least two judges and ref not be from the "territory" of the hometown fighter, who ever selected the judges and ref need to get this figured out,been looking forward to see "dre" put on a boxing clinic. Kessler is a tough out though, but dre has too much speed, stick to the gameplan and DONT look for KO, outbox him dre..

Comment

Originally posted by tourlou82 View Post
            Ward is taking that belt. He has the tools to beat Kessler : activity, high punch output and speed. He's supposed to beat Kessler and break the Europeans momentum. If Ward, somehow, doesn't win, it will make the tournament less interesting to me. The American fighters must not become accessories in this tournament.
            Good Post....Ward needs to come through for me. I'm a Cali guy so I am pulling for him, plus he should be able to outbox him.

Comment

Let's go Andre!!

Andre brought Olympic Gold back to Oakland, now that the belt is here, let's keep it here!

Comment

Box him smart Andre! Just make sure that you keep up a good punch output to go along with your good defense.

That way you can't be accused of "being negative," whatever the hell that means.

Comment

I like Ward as a person more then a boxer. I will be happy for him if he wins because he seems like a good kid who is a good role model, but Im still rooting for Kessler.

Comment

Working...
                  X