No announcement yet.

Paul Willaims-Sergio Martinez Discuss Their Big Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Willaims-Sergio Martinez Discuss Their Big Fight

Dan Goossen: There are a little different dynamics coming into this fight. As everyone knows and I won’t go into much detail but Paul was supposed to fight Pavlik in Atlantic City on October 3 and again on December 5 in Atlantic City and it was cancelled again. We are just happy that we were able to put everything together with Paul and Sergio Martinez. More importantly, I think Paul Williams has always been an east coast fighter but he has fought so much on the west coast, mainly because he has west coast promoters. I have told Ken Condon and the people at Caesars that Paul is going to be the biggest star that Atlantic City is going to get behind for the next few years. I believe he is the most exciting fighter in the sport today. It’s been a few years since we promoted in Atlantic City and it is great to have this fight there especially to showcase Paul Williams in it. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Dan Goossen: There are a little different dynamics coming into this fight. As everyone knows and I won’t go into much detail but Paul was supposed to fight Pavlik in Atlantic City on October 3 and again on December 5 in Atlantic City and it was cancelled again. We are just happy that we were able to put everything together with Paul and Sergio Martinez. More importantly, I think Paul Williams has always been an east coast fighter but he has fought so much on the west coast, mainly because he has west coast promoters. I have told Ken Condon and the people at Caesars that Paul is going to be the biggest star that Atlantic City is going to get behind for the next few years. I believe he is the most exciting fighter in the sport today. It’s been a few years since we promoted in Atlantic City and it is great to have this fight there especially to showcase Paul Williams in it. [details]
    Sergio gonna knock out who? His weak ass gonna gain weight fight a bigger dude and think he is gonna bust a grape? he better throw at least 80 a rd to win and he wont pw easy decision

Comment

this is gonna be an epic war if they take turns wailing on each other or a clumsy as clash of styles as they both windmill punches at each other.

Comment

Lets go PAUL WILLIAMS!!!! The Punisher!!

Comment

Paul Williams is gonna systematically take Sergio apart and stop him in the late rounds I think.

Comment

Williams by stoppage round 6.

Comment

Martinez can pull a Quintana, problem is Martinez dont go to the body or fights in and out as good as Quintana.

PWill by UD losings some early rounds and the putting a whooping on Martinez!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                Martinez can pull a Quintana, problem is Martinez dont go to the body or fights in and out as good as Quintana.

PWill by UD losings some early rounds and the putting a whooping on Martinez!!
                I'm kinda witchu on this. I think Martinez at JMW would do better than at MW, be it slightly. He'll trouble Pwill, but Pwill will recover and go to work. 8-4 for Pwill.

Comment

The Martinez I saw against Cintron won't trouble Williams too much in terms of power. He can maybe outbox him for a little bit but that's about it.

Comment

P.w. All the way...

P.W. Is going to do what he always does and DOMINATE his opponent!

Comment

Working...
                    X