No announcement yet.

Brian Minto: "I Want To Fight Chris Arreola on Dec. 5"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Minto: "I Want To Fight Chris Arreola on Dec. 5"

WBO#7, WBA#14 heavyweight contender, Brian "The Beast" Minto (34-2 21KOs) wants a shot at WBC#4, WBO#10 Chris Arreola (27-1 24KOs) on Dec. 5th on HBO. Minto states, "We both have a great deal of heart and skill, and our styles would make for an exciting and fan-friendly type fight. In addition, Arreola can put up his NABF belt, and I'll put my WBO NABO heavyweight title on the line." [details]

I like Minto and want to see this fight happen. He has a pretty good skillset with decent power and a durable chin. Although he shouldn't try to walk through ol' Nipples punches with wreckless abandon. Good fight for Minto and very winnable IMO. Would be a good way to get him noticed on HBO.

Comment

Should be a pretty decent scrap. I think Arreola edges him out, but I could be wrong. Depends if he was really serious about training harder or not.

Comment

This would make a great fight, that's why it will never happen.

Fact of the matter is that Arreola grew up on soft touches and Minto would be the best fighter he has ever fought aside from Vitali Klitschko.

My money says he is looking for a much softer comeback opponent than Brian Minto.

Comment

Great action fight.

Make it happen.

Comment

both guys would give it their all and it can be made for a fraction of what it would take to get Tua in there. The winner will look good in victory as well as the loser in defeat. It's a great fight to be honest. HBO should jump on this and not even think about Owen Beck.

Comment

Brian Minto is as good an opponent as we can expect at this point.

This would be an entertaining fight!

I hope the HBO executives have the good sense to choose Minto, but knowing how naive they are, I'm not counting on it. If they choose Owen Beck (BoxRec #137), I'll be very disappointed.
              Last edited by The Hammer; 11-03-2009, 12:18 AM.

Comment

won't happen now, Chris is banned for 6 mnths for swearing!

Comment

I love this fight if it happens and could well be an upset in the making. Minto's a small hw but he's got decent experience, is always in shape, and is now training with Freddie Roach. Awesome hw fight!...

Comment

Have Chris fight Tony Grano. That would be a impressive HW fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X