No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson-Glen Johnson Eager For The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Dawson-Glen Johnson Eager For The Rematch

HARTFORD, Conn. – CHAD DAWSON and GLEN JOHNSON, who will battle for the World Boxing Council (WBC) interim light heavyweight world title on Nov. 7 in Hartford, Conn., took part in an international teleconference call with members of the media on Thursday.

[details]

The reason that the Florida judges didn't give Glen the decision is because of the fact that Dawson was the Showtime in house fighter that fought on Tarver's undercards drumming up interest for a Dawson-Tarver fight. Florida is the same state of where Kermit Cintron got KOd and went on to get a draw. So them screwing over Johnson was no suprise to me.

I thought Johnson whipped Dawson's ass and should've gotten the decision. But at least the moment of truth is going to come out in the second fight, and hopefully we can put to rest the debate of who is the better fighter. I also heard the judges are appointed by the WBC. Glen has to KO Chad to win.

Comment

Too bad Dawson wasn't too eager immediately after the 1st fight. Glen don't got enuf left to win at this point.

Comment

im lookin foward to this fight. the only thing im worried about is chad gettin a hometown decision. i dont think glenn will be able to win on points

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          Too bad Dawson wasn't too eager immediately after the 1st fight. Glen don't got enuf left to win at this point.
          the only reason chad is takin this rematch is because there aint nobody else at 175 that will make him decent money

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
            the only reason chad is takin this rematch is because there aint nobody else at 175 that will make him decent money
            If he expects guys like Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins to look his way, then he needs to beat Johnson a lot more convincingly than he did the last time.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is an Interim WBC title fight, so hopefully the winner will face the winner of Pascal-Diaconu II.

Comment

Looking forward to this one next week.

Comment

WAR ROAD WARRIOR!

Really hope he can upset the odds!

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                    The reason that the Florida judges didn't give Glen the decision is because of the fact that Dawson was the Showtime in house fighter that fought on Tarver's undercards drumming up interest for a Dawson-Tarver fight. Florida is the same state of where Kermit Cintron got KOd and went on to get a draw. So them screwing over Johnson was no suprise to me.

I thought Johnson whipped Dawson's ass and should've gotten the decision. But at least the moment of truth is going to come out in the second fight, and hopefully we can put to rest the debate of who is the better fighter. I also heard the judges are appointed by the WBC. Glen has to KO Chad to win.
                    I am a fan of Dawson and I haven't seen the Johnson fight in close analysis to have a clear judgement but if Dawson lost by any chance, he should have been awarded the loss. The problem is that boxing is so dirty we are sort of used to these events. An even bigger robbery happened a few weeks ago when Froch defeated Dirrell by "going forward" alone and taking punches in his face in the process. WTF is wrong with boxing?!

Comment

Working...
                    X