Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'It's Cringe-Worthy': The End Is Here for the Haney-Garcia Promotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 'It's Cringe-Worthy': The End Is Here for the Haney-Garcia Promotion

After watching all of "the madness" that transpired at Friday's Ryan Garcia-Devin Haney, there was one takeaway. "We're heading to the finish line," former 140-pound champion Chris Algieri said from Barclays Center, where he watched Garcia come in a staggering 3.2 points overweight for his second title fight in a year, with unbeaten champion Haney (31-0, 15 KOs) vowing to finish his former amateur rival. In addition to sabotaging his opportunity to wear the belt he has long insisted he's craved, Garcia (24-1, 20 KOs) has participated in one of the most maddening promotions in some time, punctuating it by showing up two hours late for Friday's ceremonial weigh-in, where he sipped from what he was said was a beer bottle before revealing his overweight figure.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-20-2024, 01:30 PM.

After Haney went to Australia, I began to really like him. I feel bad to say I won't watch this fight because I should support Devin/boxing but Ryan Garcia has really sickened me. I will not support anything Ryan Garcia.

Comment

Whatever you think about his methods, people have been talking about the fight all week, the Barclays is (allegedly) sold out, and people are not tuning in to see Haney. What Ryan needs now is a shock win, THEN, he is a star, a mainstream crossover star.

Comment

I been a true boxing fan since 1986 ..I know boxing doesn’t need my money , couldn’t care less that I’m a fan ..I still religiously bought the ppv’s if it was a big fight and not necessarily big fights also but I liked the fighters involved and still bought the ppv regardless but damn ryan garcia makes it hard to watch much less buy his fights .. this is on paper should have a been a top 5 must see fight that could be made but the promotion for it sucked , the build up sucked ,..will happily stream it tonite !
        Cyborg Fangerloo Cyborg Fangerloo likes this.

Comment

Crappy undercard and on top of that Ryan is acting completely unprofessional.

I did not buy the PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizmarke32 View Post
            Whatever you think about his methods, people have been talking about the fight all week, the Barclays is (allegedly) sold out, and people are not tuning in to see Haney. What Ryan needs now is a shock win, THEN, he is a star, a mainstream crossover star.
            he would be unbearable if he won... i cant see it happening though thankfully

Comment

Only a complete moron would pay $80 for this absolute garbage card.
              shenmue shenmue likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizmarke32 View Post
                who do you think wins

Comment

Working...
                X