Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arnold Barboza Was Ready for Devin Haney If Required, But Still Set for Sean McComb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arnold Barboza Was Ready for Devin Haney If Required, But Still Set for Sean McComb

Unbeaten contender Arnold Barboza admits he has stayed ready, waiting in the wings if Ryan Garcia did not make it into the ring against Devin Haney. Barboza was announced as the main event substitute when Haney-Garcia first came to fruition, and it looked at several points over the past few weeks that his services might be called upon. However, Barboza appears set to maintain his spot on the undercard in the co-main, against Ireland's Sean McComb (18-1, 5 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm probably the only one who didn't have any concerns about Ryan pulling out of the Haney fight.

Sometimes there is excitement in seeing heavily favored fighters struggle against last minute replacement, or even lose. The Valenzuela vs Delos Santos got me entertained. There were others I'm trying to remember.

That's why nowadays when fighters become established, they want to go straight to money fights or title fights fearing they might lose to a nobody. Jermall is a prime example right after the Montiel fight. So they'd rather wait around. And the idea is they'd rather lose to a somebody than a nobody. Haney would not have taken Barbosa, for sure, if it's not for a replacement case.

Comment

I was kinda hoping Ryan pulled out and let Barboza fight. No title on the line, this fight is meaningless now.

Comment

Would be cool to see Barboza fight somebody of note one day
        slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

Ryan is trying to get out of it as hard as he can. Is there a reason why he can drink beer on the scales, while missing weight? That turns the "fight" into an exibition. Making bets on himself that he knew he would lose? Oh yeah. Bet the house on crying, don't care if I lose, Ryan.

Comment

Going against a fighter with "18-1, 5 KOs" is how you maintain your spot!!! Pretty sure they will not touch an Ismael Barroso with a 10 foot pole. Step up already.
            Last edited by slimPickings; 04-20-2024, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Ever since this guy went life and death with Saucedo, he has refused to fight top guys. And over 30 years old is no excuse for avoiding top competition.
              slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X