Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Calls Out Jared Anderson in Social Media Post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Calls Out Jared Anderson in Social Media Post

Heavyweight prospect Jared Anderson has been called out by the 45-year-old former world title contender Luis Ortiz. This comes on the heels of a boring 10-round unanimous decision Anderson win over Ryad Merhy, last Saturday at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas. Enter Luis Ortiz (34-3, 29 KOs), an aging Cuban veteran who took to social media to answer a challenge that Anderson's (17-0, 15 KOs) promoter, Bob Arum, put out earlier this week. "We're looking for a heavyweight who thinks he can actually beat Jared Anderson," tweeted Arum. "We need someone brave enough to get in the ring with Jared and give him a real battle. There's no one he would be reluctant to fight at this point."
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is a good matchup.

Comment

I would rather Arum make Anderson vs. Ajagba, but Ortiz would be a nice stepping stone for Anderson.

Comment

Ortiz has the ability to drill you if you make a mistake but his legs are completely shot at this stage of his career (most likely his late 50s).

Comment

How about Anderson vs. the winner of Dubois vs. Hrgovic or Otto Wallin?

Comment

Well, crazy as this might sound to some, I think the even older Mike Tyson would ko Andersen, if catches him clean, within a few rounds.

Having said that, no disrespect, Jared is top 10 I guess, in a heavyweight division that doesn't have more than three or four notably quality fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
              How about Anderson vs. the winner of Dubois vs. Hrgovic or Otto Wallin?
              Why the **** would bum ass Anderson skip to the front of the queue to face the Dubois vs Hrgovic winner. Those two are likely fighting for a vacant title.

OLDtiz is a natural progression for him since Andersons best win is a points win over Charles Martin where he got rocked and OLDtiz sent Martin to the shadow realm.

Wallin might be acceptable.

Comment

Luis Ortiz has accepted the challenge. The ball is in Jared Anderson’s court now.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about recommending old, shot fighters to young prospects. With that said, it still would be a step up in name recognition and possibly competition if Ortiz has any spoiler left in him. Easily stopping a shot looking Ortiz early wouldn't really show much. But if Ortiz showed up in shape, could take some punches with good conditioning and made Jared work before losing via TKO or DEC, then it could show where Jared is more than where Ortiz isn't.
                  landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Sure, why not? Ortiz has been on the canvas a few times in recent fights so I don’t know how his chin will hold up but he can still punch. He is willing to fight Anderson since nobody else is bothering with this old version of Ortiz. He couldn’t get great fights in his prime so why would he get them now? Anderson should fight Agagba…

Comment

Working...
                    X