Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: A-Side Garcia Already Top 3 PPV Draw & Gatekeeper To Big Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: A-Side Garcia Already Top 3 PPV Draw & Gatekeeper To Big Fights

Hall of Fame fighter turned promoter Oscar De La Hoya believes he has boxing's burgeoning draw in Ryan Garcia. Garcia (24-1, 20 KOs) will get another crack at proving his star power when he challenges WBC super lightweight champion Devin Haney (31-0, 15 KOs) on Saturday at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wonder if Rolly is kicking himself after losing out on his biggest paycheque and his title to boot
    I guess uncle Al knows better lol
    James Hunt James Hunt likes this.

Comment

I do think Ryan will do a lot better against Haney than he did against Tank BUT I think after Haney beats Garcia by UD Ryans A-side boxing days will be over unless he goes the YouTube boxing route.

Comment

Oscar is saying what he needs to sell tickets for this fight. He knows deep down that Garcia is going to get his butt kicked in this fight. Garcia in my mind is a good but not great fighter. He is a good name for fighters to have on their record. I got Haney winning this fight by a boring decision. After this fight Garcia will be a division gatekeeper.

Comment

I think it's too soon to declare Ryan Garcia as a major PPV attraction because the sample size is too small. Davis/Garcia is one fight, let's see if he can continue having success....and if he continues to lose, will those losses begin to negatively affect his drawing power.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 04-16-2024, 10:51 AM.
          Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Ticket sales are sluggish and people aren’t interested in this fight enough to pay for it.

Garcia is damaged goods after the tank loss and all his nonsense since. Victor Ortiz 2.0.
            LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Bwahahaha this article is another joke. A-side? Dudes had one big fight he got schooled and quit in never won a belt and is a head case on social media. Not sure how anyone calls this kid “a”side anything unless the “a” stands for you know what lol

Comment

Would have been A-side and selling huge if he'd gotten the Rolly fight instead of Pitbull. Dunno WTF people were thinking about with that. Haney v Cruz and Rolly v Ryan would both have been more interesting fights that would have sold better than what we got.

Comment

the gatekeeper part is correct.... thats his level

Comment

Gatekeeper ! Oscar gives out another backhanded compliment ! Savage,Oscar holds grudges forever!

Comment

Working...
                    X