No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ford And Ball To Clash On '5 vs. 5' Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ford And Ball To Clash On '5 vs. 5' Show

Rumours regarding the fights which would make up the eagerly-awaited Queensberry vs. Matchroom '5 vs. 5' card have swirled around since the idea was first broached back in January but a featherweight clash between Ray Ford and Nick Ball has been a constant on every list of predicted clashes.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting scrap. Young Edward's and Fisheyes stables collide , who's the best british promotor with the best fighters? Stay tuned lol.

Comment

We've seen Ford struggle with pressure fighters in 1 or 2 fights he should have lost. This is another basically 50-50 matchup.

Comment

Good fight.

I thought Ball just about beat Vargas with the knockdowns and should've got the decision.

He's a hard fighter to contain once he gets into the fight as Vargas found out in the last half of their fight

If Ford struggles with his pressure early, it could be a tough fight for him. Ball can definitely be outboxed but his stamina is crazy and he's relentless, so you have to be boxing well for the whole fight to contain him.

It's a 50/50 but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if either guy wins quite comfortably.
        Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-15-2024, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Ball will trample Ford
          Ford will have problems with Ball’s overall game
          Just overwhelm him until he clips him

Comment

Nick is so gotdamn short he didn't even look right with some of these 2x as big giants on stage lol.

Hes got a fun style tho & this should be a fun style clash. This fight & Ammo vs Sheerez feel like the two most compelling fights to me.

Gonna be a crazy night whatever happens. Great to good matchups all around.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Ball can definitely be outboxed but his stamina is crazy and he's relentless, so you have to be boxing well for the whole fight to contain him.
              This is the breakdown right here.

Ray can 100% outbox Nick for x period of time, but if x doesn't equal 36mins Nick is gonna create some moments for himself. And in those moments he can end the fight, win rds or steal rds. So Ray gots to be on point for 36mins or he needs to not be off point for too long to come up short in too many of those mins & moments. Will be a fun fight to watch for those reasons I predict.
              JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

This card is shaping up as a MUST SEE night / afternoon of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Body the jab View Post
                  We've seen Ford struggle with pressure fighters in 1 or 2 fights he should have lost. This is another basically 50-50 matchup.
                  I favor Ford but this is a bad style match up I agree. Let's see if he's progressed.

Comment

Ford all day, easy work
                    kjeeze941 kjeeze941 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X