Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Inoue Responds To Porter's Comments About 'Coming To U.S.' To Be A Star In Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Inoue Responds To Porter's Comments About 'Coming To U.S.' To Be A Star In Boxing

Naoya Inoue, the Japanese boxing star, is one of the best fighters in the world having fought in America three times and in the U.K. once.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If theres an american who can challenge Inoue, maybe Inoue can beat them in their backyard? But Inoue beat Fulton in his 1st fight in the weight class, so Inoue is doing more than enough to be a star. If you dont show Inoue interest in what inoue is doing you might be watching the wrong sport, boxing isnt for you?
    sege64 sege64 drablj drablj CarlW CarlW zalous zalous _Rexy_ _Rexy_ and 5 others like this.

Comment

Inoue is a legitimate star in Japan, he's got nothing to gain by fighting in the U.S. - especially when fighters who campaign in the lower weights have never (or very rarely) gained popularity over there.

Porter is just being nostalgic - the fact is, boxing is now more of a worldwide sport.

Comment

We can call it 'Inoue's World Series of Boxing' lol.

Comment

Porter's is an Ameri-centric view. I travelled all over the US for pleasure and business/work - I heard some of the dumbest things > "A-M-E-R-I-C-A is the 'free-est nation in the world" "America is the most democratic country in the world" "just fuqqin nuke 'em" --- and now > Inoue should come to A-M-E-R-I-C-A to be a world star in boxing

News-flash for Porter - Inoue already is a world star - just not a star in the USA. I have a sneaking suspicion that amongst the world boxing community Inoue is better known than the self-proclaimed 'Face of Boxing'

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            If theres an american who can challenge Inoue, maybe Inoue can beat them in their backyard? But Inoue beat Fulton in his 1st fight in the weight class, so Inoue is doing more than enough to be a star. If you dont show Inoue interest in what inoue is doing you might be watching the wrong sport, boxing isnt for you?
            Why did Fulton go to Japan? Because he made more money in Japan - one and only reason.

Comment

He can make his profile bigger but the time zones would impede him to gain more followers. He really has no need to fight outside of Japan since there are no real contenders.

Comment

This is the Global age , the whole world is connected by the Internet in ways that it wasn't connected before. Inoue doesn't need to go anywhere , we can see his talent and skill just fine from here. The same goes for any fighter anywhere. Inoue has no need to be a "star" in America. What would it benefit him ?

Comment

The American fans like myself who care about manlet boxing already know who he is, he is the premier fighter of the manlet divisions and other manlets need to go to Japan if they want the paydays and potentially his spot.
                  TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

Who is a challenge to him in america
                    sege64 sege64 zalous zalous like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X