Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Refreshed Michael Conlan Aims To Resume Career And Is Targeting A Return Later This Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Refreshed Michael Conlan Aims To Resume Career And Is Targeting A Return Later This Year

Former Olympian Michael Conlan, 21-3 (9 KOs) has confirmed he wishes to resume his professional career despite suffering back-to-back stoppage defeats in 2023.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good luck to him but I’m not sure this is a wise idea. I think the Wood and Lopez fights took an awful lot out of Conlan. I thought retirement was a sensible choice following the Gill loss.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Good luck to him but I’m not sure this is a wise idea. I think the Wood and Lopez fights took an awful lot out of Conlan. I thought retirement was a sensible choice following the Gill loss.
      100% agree, I think an argument could be made that retirement would've been a sensible choice following the Lopez loss. Wood-Conlan was an absolutely sensational fight, and he boxed phenomenally for the first three-quarters of that fight. That was a world level performance and a shame he never became a world champion, but a decent career nonetheless.

Really should pack them up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

100% agree, I think an argument could be made that retirement would've been a sensible choice following the Lopez loss. Wood-Conlan was an absolutely sensational fight, and he boxed phenomenally for the first three-quarters of that fight. That was a world level performance and a shame he never became a world champion, but a decent career nonetheless.

Really should pack them up.
        Yeah I can’t really see a way back for Conlan. Those two heavy KO defeats to Wood and Lopez were always going to be difficult to come back from and then the manner in which he lost to Gill suggested there’s not much left in the tank.

Comment

Conlan is only going to become a danger for himself if he keeps coming back. That his punch resistance is completely gone is a fact.

Comment

Conlan been spending some munnayyyy.

Comment

He's totally shot and never took a good shot well in the first place,I'll make money on him getting brutally stopped again but I'd rather i didn't have the chance to.
              Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

just keep knocking on the door and it will eventually open, or fall on your head

Comment

Conlan was smashed by Gill. That's the end of his career at the contender level.

Comment

He went from an overrated bore of a fighter, to a fun and vulnerable fighter, so I'm actually down for a comeback. Don't think the ceiling is high, but if he is realistic and picks matchups carefully, I think he could probably win a European title still. 126 is probably his best weight at this point, think he's in too much danger at 130. But I'd give him probably a 50/50 shot to beat Mauro Forte for the EBU belt. But I'd certainly be interested in seeing him fight guys like Lee McGregor, Jack Bateson, Luca Rigoldi, TPW, Isaac Lowe, Jazza ****ens etc

Comment

Working...
                    X