Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Is a Heavyweight Great When Focused - But Will He Be Against Oleksandr Usyk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Is a Heavyweight Great When Focused - But Will He Be Against Oleksandr Usyk?

On Friday's episode of ProBox TV's "Deep Waters," analyst Paulie Malignaggi says Tyson Fury is an all-time great heavyweight when his mind is right. But he questions whether that will be the case when Fury takes on Oleksandr Usyk for the undisputed heavyweight title on May 18 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The "Deep Waters" crew weighs Fury's legacy, Usyk's rightful place among the heavyweights and where Anthony Joshua fits in.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He will be focused it's very obvious that he detects the threat from Usyk, the question is if his body can perform at anything like the levels of the Wilder 2 fight.

If he can perform like that, still has good stamina and can quicken his feet up from his last few performances then I see a fury win.

Thing is I don't think he can quicken his feet up anymore, I think his legs are gone, so my prediction is a Usyk win.

Comment

The whole "mind is right" narrative is just lazy analysis. No one knows what's in his mind. Part of being an ATG is consistently turning up for fights and performing.

Comment

Tyson Fury is at his best when doubted, or up against a threat. He’s weird like that.

When he’s expected to steamroll his opponent, he looks like sh/t, barely wins, and almost loses.

A lot of people are doubting him, he’s barely the favorite, by a hair. But he is the favorite still. But the public sentiment regardless of odds, is that he’s in trouble of losing here. This might mean that we see a very serious, very on point Tyson Fury who will come out outbox Usyk and stay out of range. We can also see a very dirty Fury, the wrestler, and switch between wrestling and staying out of range until he tires out Usyk.

This is why I like this fight, I just don’t know. If Usyk can pull it off, it would be quite the upset in my eyes, even though Fury is barely favored, he’s still favored and undefeated, so it would be an upset.

I’m going to say Tyson Fury edges it. But if Usyk wins, damn what a huge win.
        Cyborg Fangerloo Cyborg Fangerloo likes this.

Comment

Usyk doesn’t have the size or power to trouble Fury but he has had a great career.

Comment

The fight has draw written all over it.

Fury will target usyk body, he is an underrated body puncher, much like Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
              The whole "mind is right" narrative is just lazy analysis. No one knows what's in his mind. Part of being an ATG is consistently turning up for fights and performing.
              Yes, consistency and turning up is absolutely key to being an ATG.

But I think it goes beyond lazy analysis. It's a pikeey trick that Fury has being playing. Fury has got half the boxing world acknowledging that if he wins he's great, and if he loses then he just didn't take it seriously.

The guy has had every chance to prepare. He's prepared. If he loses, it's because Usyk is the better man. Currently, historically, every which way.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
                The fight has draw written all over it.

Fury will target usyk body, he is an underrated body puncher, much like Joe Calzaghe.
                Usyk had a lot of trouble when AJ went hard to the body, and of course Fury knows that, too.

Comment

Just out of curiosity what are we basing his suggested greatness on? Are we giving him all time great status because of his fights with Wilder? Does that mean when he fought him that Wilder was an all time great or at least on the threshold? If so isn’t that inconsistent with what toxic fandom says about Wilder? Barely a positive remark can be uttered about wilder during the conflict with hearn/olawufemi years. If you were to believe toxic fandom, wilder was never a legitimate heavyweight anyway…so how can one gauge greatness on a champion that was apparently so bad and as often stated by toxic fandom as never beating any contenders? Which is it? Was wilder great or was he hype. You can’t have it both ways to prop up fury

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    Just out of curiosity what are we basing his suggested greatness on? Are we giving him all time great status because of his fights with Wilder? Does that mean when he fought him that Wilder was an all time great or at least on the threshold? If so isn’t that inconsistent with what toxic fandom says about Wilder? Barely a positive remark can be uttered about wilder during the conflict with hearn/olawufemi years. If you were to believe toxic fandom, wilder was never a legitimate heavyweight anyway…so how can one gauge greatness on a champion that was apparently so bad and as often stated by toxic fandom as never beating any contenders? Which is it? Was wilder great or was he hype. You can’t have it both ways to prop up fury
                    It's very simple. Fury became the greatest in the eyes of Americans since he has exposed and beaten up their weak and limited one-trick pony hype job, Wilder. Wilder’s best win was vs an old and asthmatic Ortiz who could have knocked out without the questionable intervention of the referee. Since those Wilder wins Fury has been milking his "greatness" status to the fullest by fighting past their best contenders and a novice in Francis Ngannou. In short, Wilder and Fury are overrated and overhyped.

Comment

Working...
                    X