Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: No More (Big) Baby Steps: Time To Move Jared Anderson Quickly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: No More (Big) Baby Steps: Time To Move Jared Anderson Quickly?

There is no reason to rush with heavyweight Jared "Big Baby" Anderson, 24, who will take on Ryad Merhy tonight on ESPN. Except ... there is perhaps very good reason to keep him moving.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-13-2024, 08:04 PM.

When I seen Anderson wobbling around like bambi on ice skates a couple of times against Prince Charles it reminded me of Michael Grant in his pomp.

The belts are going to fracture soon, Anderson is an American Heavyweight so he's a shoe in for a vacant title shot as the alphabodies love an American heavyweight.

You don't match him with anyone tough until then, the Deontay Wilder blueprint.

Comment

Top Rank and Queensbury work together so they could match Anderson with Dubois or similar. Miller is another possibility if he could be tempted. In any case by 2026 the title situation will look very different than today

Comment

This continuous remembering that he will quit soon is a marketing trick to get some good match early.

And that's good for boxing if it works. The winner of Ajagba - Vianello could be next and that would be a huge step-up, at least at the level of what Martin was.

If he gets past that, the winner of Sanchez - Kabayel could be matched against him. Still in 2024 hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
          When I seen Anderson wobbling around like bambi on ice skates a couple of times against Prince Charles it reminded me of Michael Grant in his pomp.

The belts are going to fracture soon, Anderson is an American Heavyweight so he's a shoe in for a vacant title shot as the alphabodies love an American heavyweight.

You don't match him with anyone tough until then, the Deontay Wilder blueprint.
          It's interesting to hear your Brit opinion of how one of our American so-called prospects are being "developed". I don't think Anderson would be able to handle DuBois now. I think Anderson vs Romford Bull Fisher is the most realistic matchup, but we'll never see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post
            I don't think Anderson would be able to handle DuBois now.
            I'd favor Jared over DDD. Jared definitely gots more hype than substance still but DDD has been more shaky in his step ups than Jared has been so far & idk that I was ever THAT confident DDD wasn't about to sh^t the bed vs Miller last time out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I'd favor Jared over DDD. Jared definitely gots more hype than substance still but DDD has been more shaky in his step ups than Jared has been so far & idk that I was ever THAT confident DDD wasn't about to sh^t the bed vs Miller last time out.
              No argument there, but to be fair to DuBois, he's been matched up so much tougher than Anderson. Shaky or not, that's gotta count for something.
              JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

I think every major fighter that once talked about retiring in their twenties ended up fighting into their forties, or in some cases fifties (Roy Jones).

Comment

It's interesting to hear your Brit opinion of how one of our American so-called prospects are being "developed". I don't think Anderson would be able to handle DuBois now. I think Anderson vs Romford Bull Fisher is the most realistic matchup, but we'll never see it.
                  Well I'm coming at it from a promoters perspective.

Anderson hasn't kept it quiet how his mind is already looking over at the exit door from boxing, but he wants money before he gets there.

He's not without talent, but with that kind of mindset it's too risky to match him tough.

Once the belts all vacate, the WBC would love an American champion and I'm sure Amazon would throw money at Anderson for a vacant title against Kubrat Pulev or someone like that.

I don't know what else you do with Anderson.

Comment

No argument there, but to be fair to DuBois, he's been matched up so much tougher than Anderson. Shaky or not, that's gotta count for something.
                    100% DDD gots the better resume.

Randomly this wouldn't be an awful fight in the next 6-12ish mos depending on what goes down for either over the next fight or two.
                    crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X