Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Welland Hopeful Fear Factor And 'Shu Shu' Carrington Lesson Will Help Show Improvements

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Welland Hopeful Fear Factor And 'Shu Shu' Carrington Lesson Will Help Show Improvements

Tom Welland has made an entertaining start to life as a professional. The 19-year-old is just three fights into his career but his all-action way of fighting has already caught the eye. Welland's bout with Marvin Solano has been elevated to the live portion of Friday night's live Channel 5 show and the Es*** super bantamweight will appear alongside former WBC flyweight champion Charlie Edwards at London's York Hall. The size of the opportunity hasn't escaped him. "I was speaking to my manager, Lee Eaton, about this the other day," Welland, 3-0 (2 KOs), told BoxingScene. "With terrestrial TV, people just have it on in the background and if two people start having a tear up, they just get invested in it and start watching. Hopefully this'll bump up my profile a bit and people will start watching me a bit more and taking note. "This is a big step up. The guy I'm boxing is good. I think he's had 37 fights and won 24. He's got eight stoppages. He's been stopped a few times but it's a step up. I'm on the live broadcast so hopefully this should be a coming out party.
    [Click Here To Read More]
Working...
X