Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Kambosos Jr. Knows Stakes Are High Against Vasiliy Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Kambosos Jr. Knows Stakes Are High Against Vasiliy Lomachenko

Former unified world lightweight champion George Kambosos Jr. (21-2, 10 KOs) is aware of the task at hand when he steps into the ring on May 12 in Perth, Australia, as he continues his preparations to face one of the most decorated fighters this generation in Vasiliy Lomachenko (17-3, 11 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-10-2024, 04:30 AM.

Everything has to go right for Kambosos for him to have a shot in this fight.

He needs a lesser version of Lomachenko, and he needs the best version of himself to show up. The Kambosos who beat Bey, Selby, and Lopez in 3 straight fights as a road underdog B-side. Not the Kambosos who got schooled twice by Haney and then arguably deserved a loss or a draw against Maxi Hughes.

If the best version of Lomachenko shows up, it doesn't matter what Kambosos does. Loma will overwhelm him. But if a lesser Lomachenko and the best Kambosos show up, it's a scrap.
    Cyborg Fangerloo Cyborg Fangerloo likes this.

Comment

Kambosos is going to get schooled, if not out right dogged by Lomachenko, on May 12, 2024.
      He's just an overall better skilled fighter than, Kambosos is at this point or will ever turn out to be going forward.
      Last edited by Boricua181; 04-10-2024, 09:54 AM.
      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Ability vs ability, Lomachenko has Kambosos completely outmatched, so the 'styles makes fights' argument carries little water in terms of boxing approach. Kambosos' chances of winning by stoppage rely solely on Lomachenko's advanced age and how he stand up physically as a consequence -- I rate the chances of this (i.e. a Kambosos win by stoppage) quite low. In terms of winning overall, Kambosos also has the advantage of fighting on home soil, with a liklihood of some home cooking should it go the distance. This is reasonably likely, unless Loma can really white wash him so badly that the judges don't dare risk the bad PR from a bad decision.
        Last edited by Monty Fisto; 04-10-2024, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Certainly true that whoever loses this fight might as well retire. If Loma can't beat Kambosos, he's done.
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Lomachenko beats Kambosos on his worst day and Kambosos best. The Lomachenko who arguably beat Haney smokes him. I don't think that this fight will even be close. George seems like an alright guy, hopefully he's made enough cheddar to retire in style and enjoy life , his big fight career is about to end.

Comment

To everyone who doesnt understand Kambosos confidence and self proclaimed lightweight "reign", I can explain.
              Kambosos beat Teo.
              Teo beat Loma.
              =Kambosos beats Loma and since many consider Loma one of the greatest of his generation...
              =Kambosos greatest fighter ever...its simple math people

To clarify I'm being sarcastic and making fun of Kambosos "reign" as "the best lightweight"
              Last edited by remmy0112; 04-10-2024, 07:25 PM.
              pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by remmy0112 View Post
                To everyone who doesnt understand Kambosos confidence and self proclaimed lightweight "reign", I can explain.
                Kambosos beat Teo.
                Teo beat Loma.
                =Kambosos beats Loma and since many consider Loma one of the greatest of his generation...
                =Kambosos greatest fighter ever...its simple math people
                There's a comment to be made here about triangle theories in boxing, but come on now.

Kambosos on his best day barely won vs a Teo who was in the hospital next day. Teo on his best day barely won vs Loma who was in the hospital the next day. Kambosos better hope Loma is close to his death bed... Your "simple math" is missing some key variables.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

There's a comment to be made here about triangle theories in boxing, but come on now.

Kambosos on his best day barely won vs a Teo who was in the hospital next day. Teo on his best day barely won vs Loma who was in the hospital the next day. Kambosos better hope Loma is close to his death bed... Your "simple math" is missing some key variables.
                  Sarcasm my friend, I'm making fun of kambosos description of himself as the best lightweight
                  crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
                    Lomachenko beats Kambosos on his worst day and Kambosos best. The Lomachenko who arguably beat Haney smokes him. I don't think that this fight will even be close. George seems like an alright guy, hopefully he's made enough cheddar to retire in style and enjoy life , his big fight career is about to end.
                    I fully expect a Lomachenko win but it's silly to use triangle theories. Ali washed Foreman, Foreman obliterated Norton and Frazier, Norton and Frazier took Ali to hell and back multiple times each. Styles make fights.

Kambosos is the bigger, younger man and as a 36 year old lightweight Lomachenko's reflexes/punch resistance/gas tank could fall off a cliff at any time.

Again, I expect Lomachenko to win decisively. But Kambosos has a shot. The way he performed against Lopez, Selby, and Bey in three straight fights as a road b-side proves he has some dog in him. Look at how quickly Pacquiao declined from Thurman to Ugas. It can happen overnight to older guys, especially in the lower weights.
                    Last edited by famicommander; 04-10-2024, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X