Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley Jr.: Don't Sleep on Jaime Munguia Against Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley Jr.: Don't Sleep on Jaime Munguia Against Canelo Alvarez

Timothy Bradley Jr. predicts a competitive and entertaining fight when Jaime Munguia takes on Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-09-2024, 04:05 PM.

I dont hate this fight unlike Jermell or Ryder fights. I think there is a real chance here for Munguia. If he can take canelos power that might be all she wrote.

Imho canelos power is overrated. Its definitely there, but not at the level of some of the praise he gets for it.

That being said, that defense is so leaky, if jaimie gets picked apart early and allows a slower fight as a result he's done. Going to have to start a half war and take some shots, but the main goal should be emptying that awful gas tank. I see a stoppage if he does that.
    mxtali mxtali likes this.

Comment

Munguia won't get a break on the scorecards if it goes the distance...which it very well may.

Comment

It'll be so great if Oscar finally gets his revenge against haymon and carnela if the decision were to go to Munguia lmao

Talk about 2 birds one stone

Comment

All good sense says this is a Canelo win in the making, but I'm rooting for Munguia. He's got the gas tank; if he can tighten up his defense, he could tire out the red one who - let's face it - will probably tire himself out anyway.
          El_Feroz99 El_Feroz99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post
            I dont hate this fight unlike Jermell or Ryder fights. I think there is a real chance here for Munguia. If he can take canelos power that might be all she wrote.

Imho canelos power is overrated. Its definitely there, but not at the level of some of the praise he gets for it.

That being said, that defense is so leaky, if jaimie gets picked apart early and allows a slower fight as a result he's done. Going to have to start a half war and take some shots, but the main goal should be emptying that awful gas tank. I see a stoppage if he does that.
            Yeah other than the stoppage I agree. This is not an easy fight if Munguia can take the power.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post

Yeah other than the stoppage I agree. This is not an easy fight if Munguia can take the power.
              That's fair. It's a bit of a stretch, but I didnt like what I seen against bivol and thought the stoppage was there for the taking if he just changed gears a bit...that's not in his DNA though. Munguia has that gear it seems and if that tank goes like it did against bivol it's going to be a bad night for the rich man and a fun night for us.

Comment

It’ll be perfect karma of munguia wins since canelo has been such a bytch with benavidez. Problem is munguia probably won’t have the sack to face Benavidez either. I miss when Mexican boxers would take on all comers.
                Last edited by Jab jab boom; 04-09-2024, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Lmao mungia went life and death with dervy barely beat spike o Sullivan he has no chance vs canelo people really under appreciate canelo and think he’s garbage or something it’s funny

Comment

Not impossible. I think Canelo's fire for boxing is about spent and Munguia is going to be sky high for this fight. That said, Canelo may not have a lot of power but he has lots more than Sergiy and Sergiy had Munguia on unsteady legs more than once.

Comment

Working...
                    X