Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bakhram Murtazaliev's Devout Discipline Pays Off With Title, Top Options at 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bakhram Murtazaliev's Devout Discipline Pays Off With Title, Top Options at 154

There's something to be said about embracing a me-against-the-world mindset, and now that he has elevated to the level of new IBF junior middleweight titleholder, Bakhram Murtazaliev is here to tell it. How he had to endure four years as a No. 1 contender without receiving a title shot. How, as a Muslim, he was denied the respect of honoring the principles of Ramadan while preparing for his long-awaited title bout. How he was sequestered in a second-rate lodge for two weeks in Germany and was made to feel an unwanted guest as the days neared to his title fight against Germany's own Jack Culcay on Saturday. In the end, the wait and the patience were worth it.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i really respect murtazaliev. i knew about everything mentioned except his hotel. nobody should wait for 4,5 years as a mandatory! when i first saw the date of this fight i thought: "do they want to kill murtazaliev?" he couldn't eat or drink on fight day and the day before. that would diminish even the greatest fighters. he endured all that and won. obviously culcay wasn't the best and murtazaliev isn't unbeatable but considering everything, this is fantastic for him. i am happy he became a champion.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Why do they put Danny Garcia there as a contender? The guy hasnt fought in nearly 2 years...and has like 3 fights in the last 5 years.
      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

I have seen the KO Murtazaliev leveled on im. Brutal and earned. Happy for the man.
        Don_Jah Don_Jah likes this.

Comment

Shame it didn't get any TV footage outside of Germany, He's based himself in the USA all his pro career yet USA television don't care about him because of their Anti- Russian sentiment.

Comment

He looks strong and powerful but I thought he showed more flaws than Madrimov did in his recent title winning effort. He'd have good fights with Spence, Fundora because they'd end up trading with him but a more skilful boxer gives him problems. People are mentioning that he was fasting though so maybe I'm underrating him, but Culcay gave him some issues in there for most of the fight.

Comment

Working...
            X