Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue's Ongoing Rise Has Helped, Not Hindered, Paul Butler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue's Ongoing Rise Has Helped, Not Hindered, Paul Butler

With Naoya Inoue's victory over Stephen Fulton last July, Paul Butler's silver lining shines just a little brighter. Having lost only to the very best of the best, Butler finds his confidence brimming ahead of his May 11 fight with Norbelto Jimenez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Where is fulton now?

I like butler, he was close to going the full 12 against P4P #1 Inoue, but he had enough and chose to stay down.
    rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
      Where is fulton now?

I like butler, he was close to going the full 12 against P4P #1 Inoue, but he had enough and chose to stay down.
      Is he still PBC? I'd guess he would've gotten some fight at 126 by now but still no news?

Comment

Inoue is unbeatable at 126lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfall View Post
          Inoue is unbeatable at 126lbs
          Because he doesn't fight at featherweight?

Comment

Butler only went 11 rounds by staying in his survival shell and not trying to actually win. It was so obvious, but Inoue made it more so by dropping his hands repeatedly, sticking his chin out to try to make Butler throw a punch, but Butler knew he had no chance. Inoue's called "The Monster" for a very good reason. He is supremely talented along with being a huge puncher with elite level skills and speed. The only one I've seen give him a fight was Donaire...the first time. Second time out Inoue had his number from the start and even though Nonito did his best I think he recognized that it was over. Generational talent, prime and motivated was just a bridge too far. Hats off to Donaire as he is a truly great fighter in his own right.
            Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X