Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wardley Considering Options For A World Title Fight Over Rematch With Clarke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wardley Considering Options For A World Title Fight Over Rematch With Clarke

Fabio Wardley is exploring the option of boxing for a world title instead of a potential rematch with Frazer Clarke
    [Click Here To Read More]

Some people are delusional the only belt who could be available is the IBF and Hrgovic, Joshua, Parker are ahead on the list. The other belts are between Fury and Ussyk in May then a rematch so if he gets a chance it won't be until next year or 2025. In my humble opinion Clarke won and it will be sweet revenge if Clarke gets an opportunity before Wardley.
    sege64 sege64 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
      Some people are delusional the only belt who could be available is the IBF and Hrgovic, Joshua, Parker are ahead on the list. The other belts are between Fury and Ussyk in May then a rematch so if he gets a chance it won't be until next year or 2025. In my humble opinion Clarke won and it will be sweet revenge if Clarke gets an opportunity before Wardley.
      I mean you never know how things would work. I’d favour Wardley to win a version of the world title right now - I think he beats Charr and potentially even Pulev.

I’d like to see the rematch first and foremost, agree. Winner should step up incrementally after - maybe a McKean or Lerena type fight next

Comment

What world title man, rematch Clarke or go fight somebody like Bakole to find out how good you are.

Comment

It was a great contest with Clarke and highly exciting but short of world level , Wardley did himself justice and managed to stay the course on what seemed his last legs .I agree at this time he might be a step too far for young inexperienced Fisher but he himself needs more time to reach the next level ,world level , but good luck to these guys.

Comment

Wardley seemed to abandon all the things that made him capable. He fell in love with his power... It really is sad, He used to box well, use angles, had good feet, now he looks like just another overblown heavyweight... I really had high hopes for him.
            Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Wardley should keep doing what he's doing, take his time, work on his cardio; and fundamentals, he'll pick up lots of fans along the way.

Comment

Trying to grab a bag before his 0 is gone. Thats what this feels like to me. From where hes come from boxing-wise hes a huge success & overachiever already but if he can secure a 7 digit check its even an better success.

Comment

That Frazer fight has finished Fab for good. Im not saying hes not a hard man...but in terms of boxing that guy got his fingers burnt. Hes saying world title...but that type of cash grab would get him seriously hurt...especially fighting scared. He will never rematch Clarke because he would get taken out quick and he knows it. Hes just talking now to try to rebuild his own mental confidence...but when he goes to sleep at night he knows its over.
                  sege64 sege64 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

I mean you never know how things would work. I’d favour Wardley to win a version of the world title right now - I think he beats Charr and potentially even Pulev.

I’d like to see the rematch first and foremost, agree. Winner should step up incrementally after - maybe a McKean or Lerena type fight next
                    I understand what you are saying but I'm not sure he meant Charr's belt as that is a secondary belt, Kean announced his retirement and Lerena has decided to fight at Bridgerweight. I agree he should rematch Clarke but I don't think he will as he got a bit lucky without the point deduction and knockdown he would of lost. I personally think his European level and would struggle to become world champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X