Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Wants Johnny Fisher In The Mix To Face Frazer Clarke And Fabio Wardley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Wants Johnny Fisher In The Mix To Face Frazer Clarke And Fabio Wardley

Promoter Eddie Hearn hopes his heavyweight prospect Johnny Fisher can get in the mix with Frazer Clarke and Fabio Wardley after their heroics at London's O2 Arena on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How about Fisher vs Babic so at least one of them can stop appearing on Matchroom cards with such frequency afterwards?

Comment

I'd be worried about someone like Fisher as someone who could get hurt at that kind of level.

Comment

I Don't think he's anywhere near ready, maybe a fight with Solomon Dacres could show us more, but I think Johnny makes good coinage fighting in the Costa's or the med for now. I certainly turn up in Malta or Spain!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          I'd be worried about someone like Fisher as someone who could get hurt at that kind of level.
          Unless he has a chin made of solid tungsten he'd get stopped to early to do long-lasting damage. There's significant disparities in technical ability and athleticism for Fisher against heavies like Clarke and Wardley, particularly Clarke on the technique and Wardley on the athleticism. Add in that both guys have come through a massive chin check against each other and matching Fisher against them'd be a mismatch unless he improves quickly. There isn't really any shame in that for Fisher though, the UK scene at 175, 200 and heavy is probably the strongest it's ever been, particularly in terms of strength in depth.

Comment

Fisher is dog chit, its only because he comes from Eddie's neck of the woods in Essex and has a bit of a following that he is getting a push. He'll get found out and exposed at English level let alone British level.

Comment

I've seen enough of the Romford Bull to know that he has a ways to go (and most likely will never get there) to be competitive with the likes of Wardley and Clarke.

In the one fight he went the distance, I remember seeing a lot of holes in his game and some frustration that the fella in front of him didn't fall down as soon as he was hit.

A Babic fight would be telling....

Comment

Comment

Fisher is exciting and should be tested higher but I think they both beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                    I've seen enough of the Romford Bull to know that he has a ways to go (and most likely will never get there) to be competitive with the likes of Wardley and Clarke.

In the one fight he went the distance, I remember seeing a lot of holes in his game and some frustration that the fella in front of him didn't fall down as soon as he was hit.

A Babic fight would be telling....
                    That would be such an entertaining fight. The size difference should be too much for Babic, and I think Babic knows this...which is why he's at Bridgerweight. If Fisher can't get through Babic, he's definitely not ready for the next level. That's a match-up that MR should eventually look into. I think Fisher should be more active than he is.
                    PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X