Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whittaker: Smith's Still Britain's Best Until Buatsi Or Yarde Prove Otherwise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whittaker: Smith's Still Britain's Best Until Buatsi Or Yarde Prove Otherwise

Ben Whittaker believes Callum Smith remains Britain's leading light heavyweight. Smith was stopped in January by Artur Beterbiev, and the combination of that defeat, the perception that Anthony Yarde was more impressive against the Russian, albeit also in defeat, and the anticipation surrounding a likely fight between Yarde and Joshua Buatsi - who in February recorded his finest victory when beating Dan Azeez - has contributed to Buatsi-Yarde being seen as capable of determining Britain's finest at 175lbs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yarde and Buatsi are both more proven at 175.
    Atypicalbrit Atypicalbrit likes this.

Comment

this arsehole whittaker gets knocked out by beterbiev and yarde and outboxed completely by bivol might get lucky v buatsi.......

Comment

There's sure to be a Beterbiev/Bivol rematch, so In an ideal World Smith fights the Buatsi/Yarde winner.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
          There's sure to be a Beterbiev/Bivol rematch, so In an ideal World Smith fights the Buatsi/Yarde winner.
          I agree. How much fun would that be?
          Mick Higgs Mick Higgs likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            Yarde and Buatsi are both more proven at 175.
            Are they?

Yarde's best win is Arthur who he is 1-1 with.

What's Buatsi's best win? Azeez or Richards?

Id pick Bauderlique to probably beat Azeez, Richards and Arthur. Rivera is no worse than them either.

Theyve all beaten similar level opposition at 175 in truth. But I have no problem putting two of them above Smith at the moment because I don't think Smith is all that interested in boxing anymore unless it's a payday he can't refuse

Comment

All 3 of them are somewhat of a similar level but I belive Yarde would knock Smith out bad.

Smith is just built on a rep for beast ting a shot groves years ago, his effort vs Bertebiev was really pathetic, I think yarde being aggressive and powerful would make Smith **** himself.

Comment

Working...
              X