Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deep Waters Recap: Lots Of Blame To Be Assigned From Tszyu's First Defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deep Waters Recap: Lots Of Blame To Be Assigned From Tszyu's First Defeat

There's plenty of blame to be shelled out following Tim Tszyu's bloody, belts-relinquishing defeat by Sebastian Fundora Saturday night, and some of it can be delivered by projecting future events. "I guess it's all business moves, but it's not right," Paulie Malignaggi said of the effort to deprive Tszyu of an instant rematch with Fundora. On Monday's episode of ProBox TV's "Deep Waters" Malignaggi, hall of famer Timothy Bradley Jr. and former 140lbs champion Chris Algieri broke down events surrounding the replacement-fighter Fundora's stunning split-decision triumph in Las Vegas to capture Tszyu's WBO light-middleweight belt and the WBC's then-vacant version.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tszyu should get the rematch and beat Fundora. Then on to Crawford & the rest. Crawford vs Fundora first--bad idea.
    Timur78 Timur78 likes this.

Comment

Lots of blame and no credit. Fundora brought a blizzard of leather for 12 rounds through a broken nose and bad Tim in front of him.
      garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
        Tszyu should get the rematch and beat Fundora. Then on to Crawford & the rest. Crawford vs Fundora first--bad idea.
        Really? It takes so long for any of the top guys in any division to match up, I don't care at this point. Crawford vs Fundora? Sure, bring it. Are there better fights to be made for Crawford? Yeah probably; arguments can be had for and against, but I'm a frustrated consumer and I want quicker delivery and frequency of interesting fights at the elite (or world-class) level. For fark's sake already, just bring the fights....
        Last edited by Left Hook Louie; 04-02-2024, 11:39 AM. Reason: grammar error

Comment

Spence acting like he's a "big dog." He got his azz handed to him and ducked the rematch. The guy is living in a fantasy world where he didn't get exposed. He's Porter level. He's old news. He's a tune up now. Recycling material for fights fans don't want to see.

Comment

He might actually beat Fundora. He is a more committed bodypuncher than Tim. But after that Bud fight he might be completely shot.

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
            Spence acting like he's a "big dog." He got his azz handed to him and ducked the rematch. The guy is living in a fantasy world where he didn't get exposed. He's Porter level. He's old news. He's a tune up now. Recycling material for fights fans don't want to see.
            wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Taking a pro beating for 12 rounds might be worse than a one punch ko. If Tim gets a rematch, I think, it will be the first time he won't be the favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                Taking a pro beating for 12 rounds might be worse than a one punch ko. If Tim gets a rematch, I think, it will be the first time he won't be the favorite.
                and the second time to looses ....................fundora is inside his head.........in more then one way.

Comment

not really much blame to be dished out

stuff happens in boxing, sometimes for u sometimes against, his corner 'may' have done a better job with the cut or maybe it was just not possible with that one

kazoo is that type of guy it seems, he wanted to come to the states for a big event & he got it but it didnt work out the way he hoped

he could have welched out after 3 rounds saying i cant see and do it again after full camps, lots would have done that im sure

Comment

Originally posted by Hitmon View Post
                    He might actually beat Fundora. He is a more committed bodypuncher than Tim. But after that Bud fight he might be completely shot.

Now that Fundora is committed to the jab, people are going to have a tough time getting inside his reach. I hope Tszyu gets the rematch. Spence's "big dog" attitude comes off as comedy at this point. He should be fighting a tune up on somebody's undercard.
                    Fightfan79 Fightfan79 Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X