Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Graham's Preacher's Corner: When To Stop A Fight? The Right And The Wrong Times And Reasons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Billy Graham's Preacher's Corner: When To Stop A Fight? The Right And The Wrong Times And Reasons

I've been asked to talk about fights being stopped too soon or too late. This is an extremely difficult topic to talk about because there are so many ifs and buts but there are black and white situations.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    dan-b dan-b likes this.

Good piece. The most recent point of reference in my opinion is the Steve Robinson fight last weekend. Not long into the first round, I saw how much of a mismatch it was. And few rounds in, you could see the fight was only going to go in one direction: Babic wasn't even breaking sweat, while Robinson was exhausted to his last breath and sadly didn't even know much of how to box to begin with.

If that fight was stopped 3 rounds earlier, I don't think anyone would have complained much; certainly not Robinson himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
      Good piece. The most recent point of reference in my opinion is the Steve Robinson fight last weekend. Not long into the first round, I saw how much of a mismatch it was. And few rounds in, you could see the fight was only going to go in one direction: Babic wasn't even breaking sweat, while Robinson was exhausted to his last breath and sadly didn't even know much of how to box to begin with.

If that fight was stopped 3 rounds earlier, I don't think anyone would have complained much; certainly not Robinson himself.
      Agreed, especially when the fighter in question (Robinson) makes zero attempt to move his head and avoid punches.

I've seen Robinson fight a few times on Tv and I wonder every time how he gets these televised fights. He has a big heart but no boxing skills whatsoever.

Comment

Among many of the important things conveyed here is that mismatches do not produce serious injury. This is very true and if commissions can understand this they can approve fights as opposed to making everything a war because there are only so many wars that are in each fighters career.

Comment

great addition to boxingscene imo. enjoyed this
          dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Great to see a contribution from Billy Graham.

Comment

Working...
            X